Indivisible cranbury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-4s59

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 18 2017, 6:41 pm EST    Post subject: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Here is an article on Organizing for Action a mainstream group also with a shared tied to Indivisible.

The thing with OFA is that it is creating issues not just for Republicans, but mainstream democratic Reps too.

It is groups like this that will end up destroying democracy because it is there views only that are allowed and town halls don't share information, but are shout fests where making noise is the news.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/18/obama-linked-activists-have-a-training-manual-for-protesting-trump/
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:04 am EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

The OFA is an extreme extremist group with 6 week radical training programs, real strong hate language about their way or no way and is part of Indivisible. I really wonder if Cranbury residents understand what they are linked with.
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
The OFA is an extreme extremist group with 6 week radical training programs, real strong hate language about their way or no way and is part of Indivisible. I really wonder if Cranbury residents understand what they are linked with.

cranbury residents and the library are linked with
anon-n54q

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 8:06 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:

The mayor, David Cook, and committee member, Susan Goetz, should know what they have aligned themselves as should the library board members. Based on their allegiances, we in the community need to watch a their actions carefully.
anon-6s02

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Indivisible library
David Cook, Cranbury-32p3

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:44 am EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Dear Cranbury residents,
In light of the recent discourse regarding interest groups including Indivisible Cranbury I thought it pertinent to make a comment and offer a perspective.
As representatives of Cranbury and its constituents the Township Committee including Susan Goetz and I, take very seriously the necessity to be aware of what is important and of concern to all of our residents.
Understanding that the political climate is going through various changes, the need for being conscious of all types of organizations is imperative. It is also helpful to understanding what political changes are occurring locally and how they may affect Cranbury. Being aware of groups including Indivisible Cranbury is part of that process. Though both Susan and I were not aware of being formal members of Indivisible Cranbury, I do know that we are both on FaceBook lists that alert us to their meetings. I do not intend to speak for all of the township committee members but I can say that we don’t look at the Township Committee as a mechanism designed to endorse or validate any group or political position over another. However putting our heads in the sand is not an option nor should it be if we want to make a sincere contribution to making Cranbury a wonderful place to be a resident and an American.

Thank you,
David Cook
Mayor
Cranbury Township Committee
Jennifer-s68p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 6:09 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Well Mayor, that is an out and out lie you're perpetrating here. Your deputy Mayor, Susan Goetz, made comments on the page complimenting our progress and offering help to anyone who needed guidance. I know this because I replied to her thanking her for the offer. Interesting how you don't know what your own deputy mayor is doing.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 6:31 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Jennifer-s68p wrote:
Well Mayor, that is an out and out lie you're perpetrating here. Your deputy Mayor, Susan Goetz, made comments on the page complimenting our progress and offering help to anyone who needed guidance. I know this because I replied to her thanking her for the offer. Interesting how you don't know what your own deputy mayor is doing.

has anyone seen town halls where discussion cannot even be had because indivisible and OFA members are not allowing it. It is worse than the tea party and all it is doing is solidifying the Rep positions. Their tactics are like talking to a child. Instead of listening and debating it is just shouting and name calling.

Again, as an "old liberal" this is entirely against what liberals stand for. I am disappointing if Ms. Goetz is a member because she always seemed very reasonable and open for discussion as us old liberals should be.
Jennifer-s68p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:19 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

So I'm guessing I'm talking to either David N., James F., or Charles K.? One thing us "young liberals" (which I take as a huge compliment considering I'm in my 40s) have on you, is the ability to track people's names down using FB based on your likes and follows. I know all about your Visible Cranbury page and that you have published the names of members of that group. Your pages have been reported and will be deleted.

Yes, us "young liberals" are such a threat to democracy. We're just doing our part to protect democracy from 45's tyrannical Administration and trying our best to block sexist, racist, misogynistic, climate change denying, homophobic, xenophobic, money hogs from destroying our country, our planet, and our basic human rights. Just as "old liberals" did during the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights Movement. And yes, Susan is offering her help...or at least was until her boss found out.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:31 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Jennifer-s68p wrote:
So I'm guessing I'm talking to either David N., James F., or Charles K.? One thing us "young liberals" (which I take as a huge compliment considering I'm in my 40s) have on you, is the ability to track people's names down using FB based on your likes and follows. I know all about your Visible Cranbury page and that you have published the names of members of that group. Your pages have been reported and will be deleted.

Yes, us "young liberals" are such a threat to democracy. We're just doing our part to protect democracy from 45's tyrannical Administration and trying our best to block sexist, racist, misogynistic, climate change denying, homophobic, xenophobic, money hogs from destroying our country, our planet, and our basic human rights. Just as "old liberals" did during the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights Movement. And yes, Susan is offering her help...or at least was until her boss found out.
You LOST get over it! You are the minority, get over it. You will not accomplish anything President Trump always wins period.
Jennifer-s68p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:52 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Oh, that set me straight. Thank you! We won't stop until he's out of office..get used to that. Laughing
anon-s68p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
Jennifer-s68p wrote:

You LOST get over it! You are the minority, get over it. You will not accomplish anything President Trump always wins period.

He lost the popular vote by 3 million. You're in the minority, dude.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:18 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

Jennifer-s68p wrote:

I am not one of those individuals. You post these generic statements, but like every issue there are nuances.

Trump infastructure programs are good, if Trump revises the tax code to eliminate the ATM it will be good. There are certainly many many wrong things as well. But yelling and shouting down people you don't agree with so our representatives stop holding Town Halls is counter intuitive. No one is going to listen to you and all these protestors do is strengthen the person's resolve that they are yelling at and strengthening their supporters.

I have posted prior here many times that being liberal is not shutting down discussion. It is not having safe places on campus because something was said that hurt one's feelings. Being Liberal meant talking about issues, debating, listening and understanding. It's essence was being uncomfortable and not afraid to have discussions.

Being liberal meant being welcoming and respecting of different religions and backgrounds. It wasn't telling a convent of nuns that they had to pay for birth control if it violated their religious rights.

Many great works of literature, songs and plays were written by liberals opening up dialogue. Today's groups like indivisible and OFA run counter to liberal ideals.

These groups tell you what you can say, what you can't say, what you can read, what you should not. It goes counter to liberal ideals and ideology.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:20 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

By the way I am in my 40's as well and am very proud to call myself a classic liberal.
Susan Goetz

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:37 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

So there is no confusion, I was invited very early on to the Facebook page for Indivisible, was interested in their activities and curious about the group and I accepted the invitation. I did not intend that to be an acceptance of all that they stand for but I did believe that there were concerns I personally shared with others on the page. I am also in complete agreement with what Dave Cook wrote about the role of elected officials in understanding the community they represent and this is one way to understand what some people in this town are passionate about. He and I discussed it before he posted his statement and he spoke for both of us. The reference to my offer to help related to one article posted on Facebook which discussed the importance of people being involved and encouraged people to run for office. This is the topic I encouraged and to which I offered my help. I truly believe that each of us has something to offer to make this community and this country the best it can be and for some running for office is one way to do that. I did offer to help anyone who was interested in running for office to discuss the process, the challenges and the rewards of working for your community. Jennifer, I still make that offer to you. This does not mean I support everything Indivisible states or does but it does mean I support everyone being involved and having a voice. As Dave Cook clearly articulated for both of us, as an elected official in Cranbury, I consider it my responsibility to understand issues that are significant and I appreciate all respectful and informed dialogue. (Cant help but to point out that this forum does not always meet that basic requirement of respectful and informed), and I continue to urge people to reach out to me directly if you have something you wish to clarify or wish for me to understand. We are all in this together and we can only make it through and make it better if we talk the time to listen to each other and respectfully share our ideas. Thank you - Susan
Jennier-s68p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:52 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Indivisible cranbury Reply with quote

anon-54r5 wrote:
Jennifer-s68p wrote:

I am not one of those individuals. You post these generic statements, but like every issue there are nuances.

Trump infastructure programs are good, if Trump revises the tax code to eliminate the ATM it will be good. There are certainly many many wrong things as well. But yelling and shouting down people you don't agree with so our representatives stop holding Town Halls is counter intuitive. No one is going to listen to you and all these protestors do is strengthen the person's resolve that they are yelling at and strengthening their supporters.

I have posted prior here many times that being liberal is not shutting down discussion. It is not having safe places on campus because something was said that hurt one's feelings. Being Liberal meant talking about issues, debating, listening and understanding. It's essence was being uncomfortable and not afraid to have discussions.

Being liberal meant being welcoming and respecting of different religions and backgrounds. It wasn't telling a convent of nuns that they had to pay for birth control if it violated their religious rights.

Many great works of literature, songs and plays were written by liberals opening up dialogue. Today's groups like indivisible and OFA run counter to liberal ideals.

These groups tell you what you can say, what you can't say, what you can read, what you should not. It goes counter to liberal ideals and ideology.

Thank you for explaining to me what a complacent liberal is...I knew they existed, but I appreciate the education, nonetheless. I, on the other hand, am an active liberal, I act, and if you don't like the way I act, to quote one of your comrades, "get over it."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2