CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-4383

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 26 2017, 6:53 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

By the way the business assoc spoke at a TC meeting asking for the lot. The lot was always planned at the end of park place.

But it doesn't matter because you haven't attended a meeting or sent any emails per the TC minutes and comments of not having received emails or calls. So you have no standing.

In fact the last thread on this subject said the same thing. Go or hold your peace. No one went.
anon-0311z

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:16 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

Was there an estimate of the property tax increase for the residents to fund and maintain this new library?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 26 2017, 8:57 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-0311z wrote:
Was there an estimate of the property tax increase for the residents to fund and maintain this new library?

The library has to show they can fund and maintain the library before the TC will allow the ground breaking. That was mentioned at the last meeting.
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 27 2017, 9:00 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-0311z wrote:

we are happy the cost to pay for the new library to stop trump will only be $500 a year in new taxes for every taxpayer in cranbury

Tax deductible donations by check should be made payable to Cranbury Public Library Foundation and can be dropped off at the library or sent to:

Indivisible Cranbury Public Library Foundation
23 N Main St
Cranbury, NJ 08512
anon-6696

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 27 2017, 9:59 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-4383 wrote:
Again, if you oppose it go to any TC meeting. The last time the library presented there was a thread here advertising it and people saying go. No one went. In speaking with TC members no one has sent an email or called.

Sorry, but if people can't bother doing something beside posting here then the TC should not bend to you.

Look at the last meeting notes when the library presented. Numerous TC members complained that no one showed up complaining.

Sorry, but this site is not a recognized place of record for publicly announcing TC meetings, so whatever was written here is meaningless, and very few people ever come here. Your logic is circular. No one ever actually answers the question of why not hold a special public meeting for the library. If no one would come, it would be a short meeting so what is there to fear? The reality is some of the TC members still recall just how many people showed up the last time they did hold a special meeting and how controversial the topic was. Some of them still regret that public backlash killed the deal for what is now the Sweetwater site and home and vowed not to let that happen again. And two of the TC members originally campaigned on the specific promise of not financially supporting a new library, which is why they engineered this excuse that the parking is just for the business district (despite the fact that it will only be built if the library is, LOL). So they all are aligned in seeing that this doesn't acquire the full public eye. The repeated comments about the "minutes" is such a Trump-like lie. Everyone knows the minutes leave out 95% of what is said at these meetings. And it's a matter of public record that you can go back to and look at the published agendas, as required by the Sunshine Law, for some of the meetings where library issues were discussed and deliberated and not find the library on the agenda.

I personally am at peace with it. I honestly don't have a problem with the library being built, especially if they actually manage to do it would additional tax funds, beyond the $475,000 and all the library tax payments they have so far. Though I suspect the bids will come back higher. I've actually long been a supporter of the effort to privately raise the money and if enough money is raised why shouldn't they build? (And I certainly want nothing to do with the silly claims about this being some Indivisible conspiracy or that group being a "hate group" etc. -- that's just dumb.)

My issue is with the deception being waged here and for the few years on this issue. It's about the effort to circumvent an honest, open process. just as their predecessors did previously with the Babe Ruth Ball field that turned into a boondoggle. It may be convenient for anonymous proxies to continuously spin misinformation here in the hopes that, like Trump, if you say a lie often enough people will believe it. But I'm perfectly happy to keep correcting the record. The people involved absolutely know everything I have written is true. Whatever the outcome, the facts deserve to be heard. Every time someone lies, I hope someone speaks up to challenge the lie -- here or more broadly in our national politics.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 27 2017, 10:17 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

Go to a meeting, raise your voice, send an email. You're complaining here without actually taking your issue to those who you are complaining about.

The job of the TC is not to cater to those who can't be bothered to attend a meeting, make a call or send an email.

The two township committee members also campaigned on adding parking to try and help reinvigorate the down town. Just because you have a different view does not mean it is a lie.

Also, as was stated here, the library like any board or person can offer comment at the public comment section. Any action that was taken was put in the agenda. There was a meeting a month or so ago to discuss a contract with the library. It was on the agenda and posted here for people like yourself.

No one went and opposed it. If you can't bother to do anything beyond posting here than you can only blame yourself. Because you seem to be the only one with an issue.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 28 2017, 5:56 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

[quote="anon-6696"]
anon-4383 wrote:
Again, if you oppose it go to any TC meeting. The last time the library presented there was a thread here advertising it and people saying go. No one went. In speaking with TC members no one has sent an email or called.

Sorry, but if people can't bother doing something beside posting here then the TC should not bend to you.

Look at the last meeting notes when the library presented. Numerous TC members complained that no one showed up complaining.

Sorry, but this site is not a recognized place of record for publicly announcing TC meetings, so whatever was written here is meaningless, and very few people ever come here. Your logic is circular. No one ever actually answers the question of why not hold a special public meeting for the library. If no one would come, it would be a short meeting so what is there to fear? The reality is some of the TC members still recall just how many people showed up the last time they did hold a special meeting and how controversial the topic was. Some of them still regret that public backlash killed the deal for what is now the Sweetwater site and home and vowed not to let that happen again. And two of the TC members originally campaigned on the specific promise of not financially supporting a new library, which is why they engineered this excuse that the parking is just for the business district (despite the fact that it will only be built if the library is, LOL). So they all are aligned in seeing that this doesn't acquire the full public eye. The repeated comments about the "minutes" is such a Trump-like lie. Everyone knows the minutes leave out 95% of what is said at these meetings. And it's a matter of public record that you can go back to and look at the published agendas, as required by the Sunshine Law, for some of the meetings where library issues were discussed and deliberated and not find the library on the agenda.

I personally am at peace with it. I honestly don't have a problem with the library being built, especially if they actually manage to do it would additional tax funds, beyond the $475,000 and all the library tax payments they have so far. Though I suspect the bids will come back higher. I've actually long been a supporter of the effort to privately raise the money and if enough money is raised why shouldn't they build? (And I certainly want nothing to do with the silly claims about this being some Indivisible conspiracy or that group being a "hate group" etc. -- that's just dumb.)

My issue is with the deception being waged here and for the few years on this issue. It's about the effort to circumvent an honest, open process. just as their predecessors did previously with the Babe Ruth Ball field that turned into a boondoggle. It may be convenient for anonymous proxies to continuously spin misinformation here in the hopes that, like Trump, if you say a lie often enough people will believe it. But I'm perfectly happy to keep correcting the record. The people involved absolutely know everything I have written is true. Whatever the outcome, the facts deserve to be heard. Every time someone lies, I hope someone speaks up to challenge the lie -- here or more broadly in our national politics. I think you meant the Clinton and the democrats.
????????-4p4p

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 6:14 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

I stead of spending 475,000 on what is basically a parking lot, why don't you use that money to repair badly needed roads?
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 8:31 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

????????-4p4p wrote:
I stead of spending 475,000 on what is basically a parking lot, why don't you use that money to repair badly needed roads?
You are 100% right. The roads in this town are horriable! Only problem is this actually makes sense.
anon-9412

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 11:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
????????-4p4p wrote:
You are 100% right. The roads in this town are horriable! Only problem is this actually makes sense.

this parking lot is badly needed for our indivisible library our new library will help us to stop trump

Tax deductible donations by check should be made payable to Cranbury Public Library Foundation and can be dropped off at the library or sent to:

Indivisible Cranbury Public Library Foundation
23 N Main St
Cranbury, NJ 08512
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 11:53 am EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
????????-4p4p wrote:

From what I understand $475K doesn't do much in the way of road projects as such the Twp looks to apply each year for grants with the DOT and supplement them. I believe John White Rd. is one that will be done this year from meeting notes.

Also, they Twp has investments for Petty Rd. work to be done.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 12:23 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-54r5 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:
????????-4p4p wrote:

From what I understand $475K doesn't do much in the way of road projects as such the Twp looks to apply each year for grants with the DOT and supplement them. I believe John White Rd. is one that will be done this year from meeting notes.

$475K would be much better spent on something this town needs. Not something a small amount want.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 1 2017, 4:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
anon-54r5 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:
????????-4p4p wrote:

$475K would be much better spent on something this town needs. Not something a small amount want.

Have you contacted a TC member with this concern?
anon-5n76

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 2 2017, 5:26 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

It seems the township committee has made up their minds on funding the Indivisible Library. Many have spoken to them about the topic and they all claim it will be built only with private money, which people here know is not true.

Instead of continuing to deceive the public, all the facts need to be laid out. A public meeting on the topic or better yet a referendum would be a good approach.

Communicating with members does not make sense since they have been trying to hide the facts. The TC should not make individuals wait for hours in regular meeting to speak their mind, then get ignored.

An open and honest public meeting with all sides attending presenting the true facts is the only way to get a fair resolution. This topic is important enough to justify a meeting.

We know the township commit reads this forum so please set up the meeting when all the relevant facts are available.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 2 2017, 7:17 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

anon-5n76 wrote:
It seems the township committee has made up their minds on funding the Indivisible Library. Many have spoken to them about the topic and they all claim it will be built only with private money, which people here know is not true.

Instead of continuing to deceive the public, all the facts need to be laid out. A public meeting on the topic or better yet a referendum would be a good approach.

Communicating with members does not make sense since they have been trying to hide the facts. The TC should not make individuals wait for hours in regular meeting to speak their mind, then get ignored.

An open and honest public meeting with all sides attending presenting the true facts is the only way to get a fair resolution. This topic is important enough to justify a meeting.

We know the township commit reads this forum so please set up the meeting when all the relevant facts are available.

I just looked at the meeting notes. Most TC meetings are less than 1 hr in length. The longest seems to go 2 hrs or so. If no one goes and opposes then who will represent the other side? Clearly you don't go to any meeting.

Again, complaining here makes no sense. It is illegal for a person not to be able to speak during public comment. Are you saying that occurred to you? If so, post your name and details so we all know and can hold the TC accountable.

There was an open meeting just a few weeks ago and it was an agenda item. Annually the library gives a report and it is on the agenda.

In speaking with the TC members it seems no one ever attends and voices opposition.

As has been stated here, go to a meeting, send an email or call. Then post here the response you get. That would be worthwhile.
anon-0pr0

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 2 2017, 10:11 pm EST    Post subject: Re: CRANBURY: New library project to go out for bid in March Reply with quote

Sweet Jesus stop feeding this Troll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5