Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cranburyb-0o5r

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 6:39 am EDT    Post subject: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Is anyone else concerned about the impact the 900k sq foot Amazon warehouse is going to have on our town? Has there been a traffic study done? I don't want Cranbury to be another Robbinsville nightmare
With Wayfair at 900k+ Sq feet and now Amazon coming in as well - when they are running full steam it's going to add a lot of vehicles to our roads. Also is the Liberty Drive connector going to ever get done?
anon-102q

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:14 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The signs on the road say over 2 million sq feet. Not just 900 sq feet.
Cranburyb-0o5r

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The nj.com article states Amazon is building 900k+ in Cranbury
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:50 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The good news is this is the other side of 130. So most residents are not impacted by traffic.

The liberty way bridge I hear is north of 10 million. Do you want our taxes to take on that debt? I don't. I support liberty way, but only if we can get a grant to cover it. Otherwise our taxes will sky rocket as that plus affordable housing would be 20 million. Add in the lake and you're at 25m to close to 30m and that is before accounting for debt already on our books.
anon-102q

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 3:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The town restricted so many businesses over the years and lost out on millions in tax revenue. Now they want to try and catch up.
anon-0493

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-102q wrote:
The town restricted so many businesses over the years and lost out on millions in tax revenue. Now they want to try and catch up.

What a sad sad day it was when Cranbury agreed to having warehouses instead of businesses or just plain housing. Who wants to work there? Not our kids. We are going to look like Newark eventually, and like everything else, our taxes are skyrocketing. If you're not wealthy, you will have to move out.
CranburyB-34sq

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

"Most residents won't be impacted" are you joking? Amazon alone wil generate 2000 jobs - do you think all those people are going to live on the east side of 130 - what about the trucks who need to travel on 130 to reach the turnpike - how many jobs is Wayfair generating???
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

How so? Wharehouses have been building here for years. The warehouse district has been viable and a key part of our revenue for years. The town went through a downturn just like everyone else in 2008, but as the economy rebounded so has the building.

The unexceed property where Amazon is has been in discussion for decades.
Without these warehouses and properties our taxes would be worse than west Windsor and other NJ towns.
anon-0493

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
How so? Wharehouses have been building here for years. The warehouse district has been viable and a key part of our revenue for years. The town went through a downturn just like everyone else in 2008, but as the economy rebounded so has the building.

Without these warehouses and properties our taxes would be worse than west Windsor and other NJ towns.

What is the unexceed property?
I was commenting on the ugliness of the vast wasteland of monolithic warehouses springing up all around us and everything that goes with them. They are distressing, regrettable, and stand in offensive contrast to our beautiful little historic village. They are a huge part of Cranbury now, and the truck and traffic nightmare has only just begun. Viable revenue could have been achieved in many other ways if the township had made a different decision way back when. Oh well, too bad, we can't stop it now. Taxes will always go up for residents, but when warehouses sit empty they do not have to pay tax.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Liberty Way bridge needs to be completed. No more excuses. If we want less truck traffic, noise, pollution , etc., then we need to provide the trucks an alternative route.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:22 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-0493 wrote:
anon-s6p5 wrote:

What is the unexceed property?
I was commenting on the ugliness of the vast wasteland of monolithic warehouses springing up all around us and everything that goes with them. They are distressing, regrettable, and stand in offensive contrast to our beautiful little historic village. They are a huge part of Cranbury now, and the truck and traffic nightmare has only just begun. Viable revenue could have been achieved in many other ways if the township had made a different decision way back when. Oh well, too bad, we can't stop it now. Taxes will always go up for residents, but when warehouses sit empty they do not have to pay tax.

I meant unexcelled property which is where amazon is.

Warehouses pay more than mom and pop businesses. The plan over 20 years ago was to create a warehouse district and it has kept Cranbury's taxes as one of the lowest if not the lowest in the county. They pay taxes when unoccupied, but more when occupied.

It has no impact on the village.

As to liberty way how do you plan to fund it. Will you pay 500 more a year just for it? I don't want too. Which is why I believe grants are the only viable way to building it.
wj-7q85

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The good news is you may get your deliveries faster but the bad news is you may be seeing more drones than ever.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

wj-7q85 wrote:
The good news is you may get your deliveries faster but the bad news is you may be seeing more drones than ever.

True and chances are with more and more people buying them chances are we'll see a lot more. I was in the park twice this weekend and saw 3 people at different times flying drones. I never once saw an R/C plane being flown.
anon-49o2

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Does anyone here know where the exact location is for this Amazon warehouse?
anon-102q

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 25 2017, 8:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Hightstown Cranbury Station Road. You can't miss it.
anon-102q

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

I think they are building another warehouse next to the new Wayfair too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3