Marijuana discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indivisible Cranbury-pp98

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15 2018, 1:55 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
From Cranbury Press Summary:

The Cranbury Township Committee will look to stay one step ahead of possible changes to New Jersey’s drug laws with an ordinance that would prohibit retail sales of recreational marijuana in town.

The measure is expected to come up at the committee meeting later this month.

Our TC member positions in order from the article:

Mr. Taylor- Township Committeeman James Taylor, concerned about the impacts on property values and the school system,

Mr. Mulligan- For his part, Township Committeeman Daniel P. Mulligan III raised concern that he did not trust state government to “implement anything properly,” in his words.

“There’s really a high risk that they’re going to screw this up,” he said, “so I want something defensible."

Mayor Johnson- Mayor Glenn R. Johnson was skeptical of the rosy financial predictions. He pointed to the experience of Colorado, which legalized marijuana, where the price of marijuana started out at around $36 per gram and then, as more growers came in, fell to about $8.

“So if you’re talking about a tax that’s based on the purchase price,” he said, “it seems like it’s going to be a decreasing thing over a period of years.”

Mr. Scott- He (Mr. Scott) later raised a concern that Cranbury might lose out on a dispensary that decides to go to a more hospitable community.

we want to thank our representative on the cranbury town council matt scott for progressing our agenda to legalize marijuana in cranbury. we agree with matt scott and want to see stores that sell marajuna on main street in cranbury. thank you matt scott please do not give up the fight to bring legal marijuana sales to main street cranbury.

Scott, picking up on the theme of legalization helping the economy, raised a hypothetical scenario of a marijuana dispensary in the downtown.

“People love to eat when they smoke pot. There would be better restaurants in town, just more foot traffic,” he said.
anon-49q8

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

I love Matt Scott’s idea of recreational marijuana stores on Main Street Cranbury

Indivisible Cranbury-pp98 wrote:
anon-s6p5 wrote:
From Cranbury Press Summary:

The Cranbury Township Committee will look to stay one step ahead of possible changes to New Jersey’s drug laws with an ordinance that would prohibit retail sales of recreational marijuana in town.

The measure is expected to come up at the committee meeting later this month.

Our TC member positions in order from the article:

Mr. Taylor- Township Committeeman James Taylor, concerned about the impacts on property values and the school system,

Mr. Mulligan- For his part, Township Committeeman Daniel P. Mulligan III raised concern that he did not trust state government to “implement anything properly,” in his words.

“There’s really a high risk that they’re going to screw this up,” he said, “so I want something defensible."

Mayor Johnson- Mayor Glenn R. Johnson was skeptical of the rosy financial predictions. He pointed to the experience of Colorado, which legalized marijuana, where the price of marijuana started out at around $36 per gram and then, as more growers came in, fell to about $8.

“So if you’re talking about a tax that’s based on the purchase price,” he said, “it seems like it’s going to be a decreasing thing over a period of years.”

Mr. Scott- He (Mr. Scott) later raised a concern that Cranbury might lose out on a dispensary that decides to go to a more hospitable community.

we want to thank our representative on the cranbury town council matt scott for progressing our agenda to legalize marijuana in cranbury. we agree with matt scott and want to see stores that sell marajuna on main street in cranbury. thank you matt scott please do not give up the fight to bring legal marijuana sales to main street cranbury.

Scott, picking up on the theme of legalization helping the economy, raised a hypothetical scenario of a marijuana dispensary in the downtown.

“People love to eat when they smoke pot. There would be better restaurants in town, just more foot traffic,” he said.
anon-6p48

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16 2018, 4:23 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

He actually said that in a town council meeting? I figured that was just a troll, but it was quoted in the paper.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16 2018, 4:32 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

Yes, it was actually stated per the Press.

It's a factual comment. We'd probably have another pizza place, maybe a deli for the munchies, but not exactly what we want in Cranbury. The other issue not talked about is what happens after legalization when it becomes like people smoking while eating their pizza or at Teddy's outside. I don't like my young kids inhaling cigarette smoke and I don't want a high 5 year old or 11 year old.
anon-129p

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16 2018, 8:20 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

If Mr. Scott supports selling marijuana on Main St which is technically a school zone (.25 mile any direction) then I do question his judgement. But I would question anyone’s judgement making that statement.
anon-16s0

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:12 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Scott for your hard work do not give up we cannot wait until recreational marijuana is available on Main Street.
anon-4733

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 3 2018, 3:32 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-6p48 wrote:

He actually said that in a town council meeting? I figured that was just a troll, but it was quoted in the paper.

Thank You Matt Scott
We elected you to make our town more progessive and to support our great Governor Murphy
do not let the other council members stop legalized Majijuana Matt Scott
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 3 2018, 7:27 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

All of the TC members I understand voted to prevent retail sale in Cranbury including Matt Scott. So there is no need for the trolling.
Indivisible Cranbury-pp98

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 4 2018, 11:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-88r5 wrote:
All of the TC members I understand voted to prevent retail sale in Cranbury including Matt Scott. So there is no need for the trolling.

WE elected Matt Scott to change canbury. Matt I know you read this blog we need you to make the progressive changes cranbury needs. Marijuana cannot be illegal it goes against our plan. We need to stop this law and make marijuana legal in cranbury to support governor Murphy. we also need to start our work on making cranbury the sanctuary city it should be to support our agenda we need to create a $15 an hour minimum wage and to ban all guns in all of cranbury
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 4 2018, 10:06 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-88r5 wrote:

WE elected Matt Scott to change canbury. Matt I know you read this blog we need you to make the progressive changes cranbury needs. Marijuana cannot be illegal it goes against our plan. We need to stop this law and make marijuana legal in cranbury to support governor Murphy. we also need to start our work on making cranbury the sanctuary city it should be to support our agenda we need to create a $15 an hour minimum wage and to ban all guns in all of cranbury

Posts like this are such obviously fake trolling posts that it's embarrassing. If it were a hack attempt at satire, maybe. But if someone thinks anyone believes this was a sincere post I hope they are the were not the product of Cranbury School (or that it shows how much it has improved).
anon-0noo

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 5 2018, 7:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-88r5 wrote:

One can only imagine the sad life this troll lives. Maybe Art knows him.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 6 2018, 6:52 am EST    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

You know if Indivisible really wants to be seen as anything credible. Then you might want to stop throwing a residents name around. Especially when everyone knows that resident doesn’t use a computer. No one is calling out Indivisible people by name (other than Matt).

I agree the trolling is ridiculous, but so is apparently this vendetta indivisible has against a person.

Matt Scott publicly stated he supported legalized retail sales and sales on Main St. No one forced him to say that and he owns those comments. He also voted no to allowing it. So he put aside personal beliefs for the interest of the town.

Now get on with your lives.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 9:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

I heard that last night for the adoption of the marijuana ordinance there was a very interesting crowd from other areas showing up. We even had someone testify that they were a drug dealer and supported retail marijuana.

While retail prohibition passed. I heard that Matt Scott did not attend. After advocating for retail on Main St prior he then did not show up to vote on the adoption. I hope that he was conflicted with work and that his not showing up is not how he deals with a tough issue.

I was fully supporting Matt for voting to introduce at the last meeting. So I want to give him the benefit here. But it makes me wonder because he did state he supported sales and Indivisible (not trolling) if he is a member supports the legal sale.
Indivisible we stand-pp98

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

we would like to thank our progressive indivisible member of the town council Matt Scott for not attending the meeting last night in silent protest against the fascist actions of the other town council members who voted to ban marijuana in cranbury

anon-s6p5 wrote:
I heard that last night for the adoption of the marijuana ordinance there was a very interesting crowd from other areas showing up. We even had someone testify that they were a drug dealer and supported retail marijuana.

While retail prohibition passed. I heard that Matt Scott did not attend. After advocating for retail on Main St prior he then did not show up to vote on the adoption. I hope that he was conflicted with work and that his not showing up is not how he deals with a tough issue.

I was fully supporting Matt for voting to introduce at the last meeting. So I want to give him the benefit here. But it makes me wonder because he did state he supported sales and Indivisible (not trolling) if he is a member supports the legal sale.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

Enough already. Matt may have had other things. There is no benefit to trolling, the TC voted to ban recreational sales. No issue.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 4:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Marijuana discussion Reply with quote

anon-54r5 wrote:
Enough already. Matt may have had other things. There is no benefit to trolling, the TC voted to ban recreational sales. No issue.

The Troll will always want the last word so every time you reply like this it just encourages it. Left alone in the wild, the Troll will start commenting to itself using multiple fake names in an futile effort to lure new prey. If not is found the Troll will eventually go away until start a new topic. If still left alone, the Troll will eventually morph into a grumpy ordinary human who leads a normal life pretending to operate in the normal confines of acceptable social behavior in the real world once removed from it's ability to get a reaction acting like an ass online.

So let's not feed the Troll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5