Brush/Chipping Update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

Brush/Chipping Update

http://www.cranburytownship.org/notices/Spring-2018chipping.pdf
anon-6n1p

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 28 2018, 5:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

Homeowners need to explain this to their landscaping companies that maintain their lawns. Every month right after the branches are chipped my neighbors put more branches out and they look like the piles that are in the improper picture.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 28 2018, 6:28 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

I spoke with Mr. Taylor because of this. I suggested that the rule be modified to the following:

- Residents who do their own chipping may put the brush on the curb at the designated time.

- if a person hires a landscaper then they should be required to take the brush with them. The landscapers put a ton out (look at Shadow Oaks) and that delays our PW crews from doing the whole town efficiently creating over time that costs us. Plus, landscapers put out the brush any which way and at any time.

The alternative is to simply keep dining people and that would be more costly and eventually end up as a court appearance as people fight it.
anon-8p35

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 30 2018, 9:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

I saw Mr. Taylor this morning and raised the concern about people putting brush out. He informed me that he is having the town this week go through and issue violation notices to anyone who has brush out and has already had the chipper come past. I would suggest if you have brush out to move it.

We have ordinances on when chipping can be put out and the town posts this. So there should be no excuse.
anon;oqs5-nnnp

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

Well there was soo much tree damage after the storms most folks could not manage all the cleanup at one time. Other towns contracted for extra chipping and tree help. Cranbury public works has done a great job. The problem is the task is overwhelming for the staff and the home owners. I would hope Mr. Taylor uses his head and realizes the magnitude of the problem and doesn't go on a violation notice campaign. If anything needs a notice it is the failing of residents to properly place brush at the street. If that was done properly the staff could save a tremendous amount of time.
P. S. Due to the numerous storms the chipping schedule could not be maintained and that was not anyones fault except Mother Nature----
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, May 1 2018, 7:01 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

Seems to me if the chipper just went past and you put your brush out after then storm or no storm it's pretty easy to see you were at fault. I understand this is what he's asked PW to review.. PW knows if they have been on your street yet.

Further, if the xcuse is my landscaper does it or you don't have time until after then if you know the chipper already went by then take the brush or put in on your lawn until it's time to move to the curb.
anon;os-nnnp

PostPosted: Tue, May 1 2018, 8:41 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

These storms were extreme storm events. East Windsor and South Brunswick both hired outside contractors to supplement their public works staff. Cranbury chose to tough it out and put an extreme burden on the staff. The staff did an outstanding job but many of our seniors do not have the ability to move that much tree debris out to the street in a speedy manner. The folks who can afford landscapers had to wait as well due to the extreme volume. This was an exceptional string of storm events and should be treated as such.
Just as a matter of fact, Mr. Taylor has been a prime offender of not placing his debris out at the proper time in the past.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, May 1 2018, 9:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Brush/Chipping Update Reply with quote

Seniors I can understand. But if you're paying a landscaper and they can only put out the brush the first week. Then either have them remove it or risk the fine is my view.

The chipping violations are for May and the storm damage should be cleaned up by now if people were doing it on their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1