Indivisible = Tea Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saywhat?-s3qn

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 6:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Nonsense: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

Mind you, the entirety of the Indivisible group is not of one mind. There are progressives, moderates, and even some more conservative dems who often appear to be more republican than democrat. I would imagine the vote tomorrow will vary widely within this group.

Perhaps there are some personal vendetta's afoot, but none that I am aware of within IC. The handling of the proposed Civil Rights Commision has upset some, but not all are tuned into that. And those who feel their rights need to be protected, and they're not feeling heard, may be angry.

Write-ins happen all the time; sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

May the best men win.

anon-q2q6 wrote:
anon-q2q6 wrote:
saywhat?-s3qn wrote:

Unfortunately, Cranbury can not remain unfazed during this tumultuous national time. The MeToo movement, the increase in deaths of black youth, the reality of the school to prison pipeline, the endless school shootings, the concerns about healthcare and college and employment are here too. And don't forget about Mother Earth. Leaving clean air and water to our children is a great concern we all must surely share.

I agree with you that there are many important issues to tackle and I hope the people of Indivisible Cranbury focus on tackling those issues in a meaningful way. But hatching a secret strategy to take out Jay Taylor is not going to address any of the issues you mentioned and that is Indivisible Cranbury's #1 priority at the moment. Like the local Tea Party, it seems like our local Indivisible chapter has become bogged down in personal vendettas and misplaced anger. Hopefully the fog will clear and people will make the best decision for Cranbury tomorrow.

FYI-

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politics/indivisible-profile-trnd/index.html
saywhat?-s3qn

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 7:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

Yes, many think a Commission of this nature would be good for the town, myself included. There is no interest in those other issues you mentioned.

All political movements involve the firm goal of instilling policy and directing policy at the local level, as well as state and nationally. All politics are local, it is said, and citizens have the right and responsibility to seek the change they desire by voting for those who share their interests/beliefs.

anon-s6p5 wrote:
You say they have no desire to push those issues mentioned. However, they are pushing for a Civil Rights Commission. They are challenging the one TC member who is up in Jay Taylor who voted against that desire. Ignoring all his other time serving.

Where I come from if it acts like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it's a duck. There is no proof they would push for those items, but it certainly seems they are not leaving these issues alone either and have a very firm goal of instilling policy and directing policy at the local level.
anon-8720

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 7:15 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

How does Dan differentiate himself from Jay? CRC says they vote 100% of the time the same way on issues. Maybe Democrats in town deserve a candidate that is more in line with what they want their party to be? Maybe Jay needs to change parties again.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 9:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-8720 wrote:
How does Dan differentiate himself from Jay? CRC says they vote 100% of the time the same way on issues. Maybe Democrats in town deserve a candidate that is more in line with what they want their party to be? Maybe Jay needs to change parties again.

What do you want the CRC and Indivisible to say. They are spreading Mis truths to try and get their candidate elected. Name a serious issue in town that has come up to vote other than CRC?. Repair a road of course it will be 5-0, provide for turn the town real day or sexual awareness day or denim day it will be 5-0.

The easy serious answer is the budget vote where twice Mr. taylor went against Dan and the rest of the TC. You Indivisible people keep holding Dan as some Trump evil doer, but seriously become a bit educated.

Perhaps if any of the CRC and Indivisible members actually ever went to a meeting they would be more informed.
anon-s3qn

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 9:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
anon-8720 wrote:

What do you want the CRC and Indivisible to say. They are spreading Mis truths to try and get their candidate elected. Name a serious issue in town that has come up to vote other than CRC?. Repair a road of course it will be 5-0, provide for turn the town real day or sexual awareness day or denim day it will be 5-0.

The easy serious answer is the budget vote where twice Mr. taylor went against Dan and the rest of the TC. You Indivisible people keep holding Dan as some Trump evil doer, but seriously become a bit educated.

Perhaps if any of the CRC and Indivisible members actually ever went to a meeting they would be more informed.

Members do attend meetings regularly, many are on boards, and the CRC does not exist, so there's that.

As for existing issues, the safety on Main St, near his home, has been addressed w/TC repeatedly, but nothing has changed since his dog and child were run down in the crosswalk. Andrew Huang is passionate about road safety now, and wants to get that done. It's been 2? years already.
Ferrante caveat empt-0341

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 9:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

CRANBURY VOTERS:

As a lifetime Democrat I must say it scares me that Ferrante and Scott almost got that hideous civil rights commission through. Thank you to our wonderful TC Taylor, Mulligan, and Major Johnson. The indivisible group is extreme and is destroying our party by displaying and voicing radical, hate speech while showing to be completely unaccepting and intolerant of any opinions that differ from their own.

Cranbury is no place for intolerance of any kind. Cranbury is no place for a small segment of radical underground residents trying g to take over this great community I have witnessed for over 60 years.

Cranbury residents vote in people like Goetz, Cook, Taylor, Mulligan, Johnson. These are all people who have served us well and we can trust. FERRANTE is a one trick pony, who has a selfish agenda. He does not meet the needs of the community at large, he is serving a small radical group that must be controlled before it is TOO Late!
anon-8720

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 9:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

Ferrante caveat empt-0341 wrote:
CRANBURY VOTERS:

As a lifetime Democrat I must say it scares me that Ferrante and Scott almost got that hideous civil rights commission through. Thank you to our wonderful TC Taylor, Mulligan, and Major Johnson. The indivisible group is extreme and is destroying our party by displaying and voicing radical, hate speech while showing to be completely unaccepting and intolerant of any opinions that differ from their own.

Cranbury is no place for intolerance of any kind. Cranbury is no place for a small segment of radical underground residents trying g to take over this great community I have witnessed for over 60 years.

Cranbury residents vote in people like Goetz, Cook, Taylor, Mulligan, Johnson. These are all people who have served us well and we can trust. FERRANTE is a one trick pony, who has a selfish agenda. He does not meet the needs of the community at large, he is serving a small radical group that must be controlled before it is TOO Late!

You want a love fest post and at the same time smear Mike. You are a class act.
anon-p2n8

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 10:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-8720 wrote:
Ferrante caveat empt-0341 wrote:
CRANBURY VOTERS:

You want a love fest post and at the same time smear Mike. You are a class act.

People are allowed to dislike your puppet Mike Ferrante as much as you are allowed to dislike Glenn Jay and Dan. Deal with it.

Hey I know what would be really classy! Tomorrow everyone vote Jay Taylor and then instead of Michael Ferrante write in Bozo the Clown. Be sure to spell his name right. B-O-Z-O.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 10:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-s3qn wrote:
anon-s6p5 wrote:
anon-8720 wrote:

Members do attend meetings regularly, many are on boards, and the CRC does not exist, so there's that.

As for existing issues, the safety on Main St, near his home, has been addressed w/TC repeatedly, but nothing has changed since his dog and child were run down in the crosswalk. Andrew Huang is passionate about road safety now, and wants to get that done. It's been 2? years already.

I call Bs. Attend a TC meeting when there is a turnout and you hear the TC fawn over people attend ding and stating only 1 person usually attends. That one person is not CRC Indivisible. If you want to try and tell a lie people will believe then don't do one so blatantly false it is laughable. In fact at the CRC meeting one person stood up and said none of you ever attend. Watch the video Dan posted.

What do you want the TC to do? Nothing will be good enough for you. If he cared so much then why hasn't he attended meetings? I can't find one single comment in the meeting minutes for the TC from him in the past year.

I find it disgusting that he is using his daughter in this. If he was actually at TC meetings on a monthly basis demanding results and not getting them I'd say go for it. You have a valid case. He hasn't and this is ridiculous now.
anon-s3qn

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 10:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

I call Bs. Attend a TC meeting when there is a turnout and you hear the TC fawn over people attend ding and stating only 1 person usually attends. That one person is not CRC Indivisible. If you want to try and tell a lie people will believe then don't do one so blatantly false it is laughable. In fact at the CRC meeting one person stood up and said none of you ever attend. Watch the video Dan posted.

What do you want the TC to do? Nothing will be good enough for you. If he cared so much then why hasn't he attended meetings? I can't find one single comment in the meeting minutes for the TC from him in the past year.

I find it disgusting that he is using his daughter in this. If he was actually at TC meetings on a monthly basis demanding results and not getting them I'd say go for it. You have a valid case. He hasn't and this is ridiculous now.

That may have been the case for a long time, but it no longer is. These people are not crazy. They're your neighbors, your teachers, your sisters. They do serve on boards and committees. The request is not complicated, and seems to be a requirement of the times. Why would we not create such a commision? Surely we all value civil rights, and there is nothing controversial about making it apart of the weave of the town, especially when the current regime is so intent on dismantling rights. What's the downside?

There is so much misunderstanding of what IC is about and how it relates to the national movement, and the CRC does not exist.

As for the daughter; he is not using her. He is fighting for her when others, seemingly, failed to do so. If he were my dad, I'd be quite proud.
anon-p2n8

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 10:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-s3qn wrote:

That may have been the case for a long time, but it no longer is. These people are not crazy. They're your neighbors, your teachers, your sisters. They do serve on boards and committees. The request is not complicated, and seems to be a requirement of the times. Why would we not create such a commision? Surely we all value civil rights, and there is nothing controversial about making it apart of the weave of the town, especially when the current regime is so intent on dismantling rights. What's the downside?

There is so much misunderstanding of what IC is about and how it relates to the national movement, and the CRC does not exist.

As for the daughter; he is not using her. He is fighting for her when others, seemingly, failed to do so. If he were my dad, I'd be quite proud.

Why did none of you consider it relevant to propose a budget, even a ballpark? Have you considered that this is the reason you were voted down? Would you buy a car or a home without knowing how much it would cost?

I’m asking sincerely.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 4 2018, 11:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Nonsense: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

saywhat?-s3qn wrote:
I believe there is a feeling "by marginalized communities" of being "marginalized" in this town. I have never seen anything remotely racist or sexist in my many years as a resident, but I do know that the experiences of these communities are real. White Privilege often prevents us from entertaining a different narrative than our own. I can't help but think of the Muslim woman who was called a "terrorist" at a recent town committee meeting by a Town Board member. THAT is dangerous, and can not be allowed. I do hope the Town Council has loudly denounced this horrifically immature, and small minded barb, though I have not heard that they have.

We may not be facing, right here, right now, the worst of the Trumpian horrors, but if we don't stand up and say who we are as a community -an inclusive, tolerant, supportive town who STANDS for human rights - - we, by default, aren't.

I'd like to think we're past the point of generalizing people by their religion, or by the color of their skin, but as the comments above indicate, we are not. That said, a CRC is designed for communities with massive, entrenched racism requiring broad and powerful legal action to overcome. That's why they only exist in a few communities like Newark and Jersey City. A CRC in Cranbury would be like killing a flea with a sledge hammer. It also didn't help that the proposal was incomplete, unconvincing and presented in an arrogant attempt to shame the TC into supporting the CRC.

Ferrante's suggestion of a Human Relations Commission may be, as he suggested, a "more Cranbury" idea. Unfortunately, the HRC was pitched as a hastily prepared Hail Mary compromise rather than as a serious stand alone idea. Sadly (and ironically) the tactics of some of the CRC/HRC supporters demonstrate that Cranbury could probably use a group dedicated to bringing different people together and also serve as evidence why you wouldn't want the people proposing the idea to be in charge of it.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 5 2018, 7:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

saywhat?-s3qn wrote:

May the best men win.

If this were truly the sentiment of indefensible/indivisible, they would have run their candidates in a more transparent way instead of hatching a secretive plot to take out the top democratic candidate a couple days before a typically low-turn-out primary election.

If they're successful, you might as well start congratulating Wayne and Nancy, because they will be the true winners.
anon-8543

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 5 2018, 7:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

Here is the thing. If Jay loses he has 6 months remaining on the Tc. He has already spoken up saying all sides need to calm down. Then he was sand bagged by Mike and Indivisible. He makes his living in finance and is part of the fire co. Both occupations mean assessing risk and taking action.

Do you think he’ll remain silent as a lame duck and do your bidding now? You just gave him a hall pass and free reign to represent everyone. Like EF Hutton when he speaks most listen. My take is he’ll do what he can to protect the town in his last days. The Republicans when he left the party were smart and they agreed to part on good terms. So he remained silent. They didn’t stab him in the back in public. He crushed their candidate in the general election by more than 30% more votes each time. Plus, he doesn’t seem the type to let wrongs go unnoticed when it comes to helping others or the town. So far he has not said much about this mess while Mike and the write in are playing the victim card all around town while bashing him.

If he wins as I suspect he will today, then the Dem party in town will have someone who can now bring Rep and Dems together in the fall. He won’t need the party which makes him again able to represent everyone. So the Democratic Party leaders and Indivisible lose out.

If the Dems (meaning the official party people and Indivisible, not the resident Dems of which I am one who is sickened by this) had been smart they would have realized Jay doesn’t need them early on as he has the backing of the residents in town Dems, Reps and Independents alike and would not have tried this deceitful tactic.

Either way, come tomorrow morning it will be interesting. I just am glad if people are going to poke a sleeping bear they did it to someone who only cares about the town so when the bear does wake up it’s going to protect the town.
anon-2163

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 5 2018, 10:12 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

anon-q2q6 wrote:
saywhat?-s3qn wrote:

May the best men win.

If this were truly the sentiment of indefensible/indivisible, they would have run their candidates in a more transparent way instead of hatching a secretive plot to take out the top democratic candidate a couple days before a typically low-turn-out primary election.

If they're successful, you might as well start congratulating Wayne and Nancy, because they will be the true winners.

Not three brain cells among the lot, those indivisibles. In this scenario Jay Taylor=Hillary Clinton, Andrew Huang=Bernie Sanders and Nancy Witt/Wayne Wittman= Trump/Pence.

Tell me again how that story goes?
anon-8543

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 5 2018, 10:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Indivisible = Tea Party Reply with quote

If Jay = Hillary then he’d get all the CRC and Indivisible votes as a transgender. Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4