First Aid Squad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-8o5s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:37 am EDT    Post subject: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

What’s the conversation about the first aid squad?
anon-834s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

I’m not sure. It sounds like someone went before the committee to complain about response time, but the incident in question was sometime last year, so many were confused about why it was coming up now.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Last November I believe. The person raising the issue, after receiving advice to bring it to the TC's attention, had to wait 33 minutes for EMS to arrive at her home 0.3 miles away, while her mother had a heart attack.

Also incident with George's and Wendy's baby, who had a seizure and apparently nobody showed up.

Meeting was to hear about the issues, and brainstorm on solutions to remedy the failure to respond.
anon-834s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:13 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
Last November I believe. The person raising the issue, after receiving advice to bring it to the TC's attention, had to wait 33 minutes for EMS to arrive at her home 0.3 miles away, while her mother had a heart attack.

Also incident with George's and Wendy's baby, who had a seizure and apparently nobody showed up.

Meeting was to hear about the issues, and brainstorm on solutions to remedy the failure to respond.

Did George show up to speak at the meeting?
anon-s316

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:17 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-834s wrote:
anon-s316 wrote:

As far as I know both were in attendance and I heard Wendy spoke. Don't know if George spoke as well. Someone who was there I am sure can add to this.
anon-834s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
anon-834s wrote:
anon-s316 wrote:

As far as I know both were in attendance and I heard Wendy spoke. Don't know if George spoke as well. Someone who was there I am sure can add to this.

Taking a break from messing with the format? Decides to play “rational human being” this morning? Interesting.
anon-2163

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 10:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Was this the volunteer squad?

What is the proposed solution, a paid squad? How would this impact our taxes?
anon-284r

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:06 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Reliable service = More money

Are you willing to spend it or take your chances
anon-2163

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:08 am EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-284r wrote:
Reliable service = More money

Are you willing to spend it or take your chances

Well that depends. Was this an issue with the squad or the 9-1-1 dispatch, which is not in Cranbury.
anon-np17

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

A reliable paid ems service will pay for itself and generate revenue for the Township. Simply look at Monroe or South Brunswick.
anon-np17

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

The volunteer system is nice but the days of residents being in town or willing to respond after a long day at their paying job are very slim. And the response times show it. If you have ever needed an ambulance, the only thing you want to see is that thing pulling up.
anon-p2n8

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 2:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-np17 wrote:
A reliable paid ems service will pay for itself and generate revenue for the Township. Simply look at Monroe or South Brunswick.

South Brunswick and Monroe have roughly 10 times the population that Cranbury does. Why would anyone look at either of those towns when determining what is best for Cranbury?
anon-np17

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

Population has nothing to do with it. Look at how it’s run and organized. Cranbury is not little Main Street with only 3k people. The warehouses are populated 24/7, traffic is a nightmare, and the Turmpike runs through the Township. The number of ems calls justifies having an ambulance available 24/7.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-np17 wrote:
Population has nothing to do with it. Look at how it’s run and organized. Cranbury is not little Main Street with only 3k people. The warehouses are populated 24/7, traffic is a nightmare, and the Turmpike runs through the Township. The number of ems calls justifies having an ambulance available 24/7.

"Traffic is a nightmare" is a very relative statement. There are less traffic issues here than any place I have ever lived or worked in multiple states. It may be worse than the good ol' days when this was quite village surrounded by open farmland, but it's pretty great by comparison to most other developed places.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:

Wait, so they called 911 and no one ever showed up? Not just late (which is awful enough), but a total no-show?

How does that work exactly? You call 911 and the dispatch then does what? I would have thought they had to reach a human to pass off the call and that human would take responsibility for either handling the emergency, seeing that someone else would or indicating they can't so 911 could route some other nearby emergency service. How does it logistically work?

To the person who said if we wanted a reliable service would would have to pay for it with taxes, of course it's worth it.
anon-834s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: First Aid Squad Reply with quote

anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-s316 wrote:

Wait, so they called 911 and no one ever showed up? Not just late (which is awful enough), but a total no-show?

How does that work exactly? You call 911 and the dispatch then does what? I would have thought they had to reach a human to pass off the call and that human would take responsibility for either handling the emergency, seeing that someone else would or indicating they can't so 911 could route some other nearby emergency service. How does it logistically work?

To the person who said if we wanted a reliable service would would have to pay for it with taxes, of course it's worth it.

The problem was the 911 dispatcher called the wrong township. There is an Evans Drive in East Windsor, so the dispatcher called Easr Windsor Emergency Services instead of Cranbury. It was not Cranbury’s mistake.

I don’t know what happened in the case of the baby. But the way it works when you dial 911, it is the dispatcher’s responsibility to contact the appropriate service. This was not done in the case of the heart attack, and it was explained at the meeting. This is a case that should have been taken up with the county regarding 911 procedures, not the township committee.

And in the case with the baby, if a 911 call is made it is the dispatcher who must ensure that SOMEONE shows up. They can’t just say “sorry, no answer at Cranbury First Aid, you’re out of luck!”

These are not problems that would necessarily have been solved by a paid Rescue squad.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7