What happened to the garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concerned-617n

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 3 2018, 9:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: farmhouse on barclay farm Reply with quote

The Town needs to step in and fix the house and lien the property if the owner will not respond.

The property has a restriction in its Deed that requires the house to be maintained with specifications.

The Town government needs to enforce that restriction.
anon-ssr6

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 3 2018, 9:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

According to the township when I asked today the deed has no restriction or statement regarding the condition of the house.
anon;ss3-5915

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 3 2018, 9:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

There are restrictions placed on the "Preserved Farmland"-- its about time the town persues this more seriously. The tremendous weed crop harms all adjoining property owners and their crops and resident landscapes. If a homeowner let their grass grow that long they would receive a Health Code violation---this was not what our Open Space Tax should be used for---
anon;oqs6-5915

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 3 2018, 11:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

Whoever was the representative of the township that said the deed has no restriction is in error. "Fake News" as they say---If you read the deed there are significant restrictions---deed "Hereby reserving for the grantor,its successors and assigns in perpetuity a Historic Preservation Easement" there are significant restrictions on that property an they can be sourced at the county clerks office or at the cranbury assessors office .The deed also references certain things that need the express consent of the Township Committee acting in consultation with the Township's Historic Preservation Committee----- The deed is recorded in book 5863 page 317. The property is owned by West Orange Baby LLC 1200 n. Federal Hwy. Boca Raton Florida 33432
anon-0sqo

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 7:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

I called a TC member who called the tax assessor who read the deed. He said the Tax assessor’s comment and the deed read to me as well was that the deed does not allow enforcement of the home condition by law.

There are points A - I and there is an HPC review requested by deed for any changes. However, there is no stipulation in the deed that requires the home be kept in a livable condition. That is the problem. The town can not force repairs be done. In fact point B states that nothing can be done to the building without TC approval with HPC consultation and demolition or removal will only be permitted if the condition of the building has significant structural damage.

Further, a farm due to agricultural use is not subject to grass height etc...

If you don’t believe me reach out to a TC member yourself or call the Tax assessor or TwP Administrator directly. This is not a town site and no one is going to do anything based on a post here.

The deed is on line. If you disagree then show where in the deed it states the Town can go in and enforce the home be fixed up.
anon;oq2s-5915

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 9:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

Would it be helpful to contact the State Agriculture Development Committee or Mr. Leslie L. Alexander whose Foundation actually owns the property? It just seems that what we have existing now is not what the taxpayers nor the Committee had in mind when deciding to embark on this venture-------------
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 10:30 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

So it sounds like someone screwed up in structuring the deed -- they created a lot of stipulations for preserving the site but no enforcement mechanisms? What public money went into preservation of this site and what process was used to vet who it was sold to? Who's responsible for authoring the restricted deeds? Are there others with similar issues that basically allow corporations with no connection to Cranbury to abandon them?
anon-ssr6

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 12:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

No one from that TC is left. I don't know if any even still live in town.

Yes, they should have ensured the structure was maintained in a livable condition. The town sold this land so not sure what the delta was at the end between cost and sale price.
anon;oqr3-5915

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 8:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

I would be willing to bet if Mr. Danser, who lived on the property for over fifty years, was still there it would still be the scenic farm vista we were promised when we "Bought The Farm". I believe that the present attorney the town has was responsible for the sale/deed documents but the Committee members could verify that for sure. It seems that HPC and Landmarks missed the boat by not insuring that proper restrictions were in place. The Committee members at the time along with Mr. Carr also should bear some responsibility for the mess we are saddled with now.
anon-ssr6

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 4 2018, 8:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

The attorney for the town was hired in 2009 or 2010 after this was long done. The attorney at the time of the sale is our PB attorney and ZB attorney now.

Landmarks is totally private with no say if any members are even still around. They may have been absorbed by the Historical Society. So you can't blame them.

so this was on that TC and attorney at that time and perhaps the old administrator. Individuals long gone.

I do agree that if Mr Danser owned the property it would be better maintained.
Anon 2018-pr89

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 11:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage & Farmhouse Reply with quote

I believe this property on Plainsboro Road was cited for deteriorating porch structure under the recently enacted Cranbury Property Maintenance Code Ordinance so the TC should have some recourse. There are fines if the repairs are not done in a timely manner. Also, the grass around the house should be kept mowed. And have maintenance plans been filed with the town since this is a vacant house?
anon,verify-5915

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 3:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

An earlier post was interested in the sale and purchase price. According to the Cranbury Press August 31,20007 Pari Stave said the township purchased the property from the Barclay family for $3.5 million and the sale price to Leslie Alexander T/A West Orange Baby LLC was 2.1 million.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 4:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

anon,verify-5915 wrote:
An earlier post was interested in the sale and purchase price. According to the Cranbury Press August 31,20007 Pari Stave said the township purchased the property from the Barclay family for $3.5 million and the sale price to Leslie Alexander T/A West Orange Baby LLC was 2.1 million.

What was the point of the Township flipping the lot for $1.4MM less than it paid for it?
anon-ssr6

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 4:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

They flipped it to get some of the purchase price back. They coulddn't keep the land without the full debt. Of the town kept the land then they'd have the housing cost as well. The land was not worth as much as the town paid because it could or be sold to a developer. So they auctioned off the property. I think it was wise to sell the land to get something back. I think it was unwise to do so without restrictions that the house be kept in a lovable condition.
anon-8rn8

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 7:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

The town got what they deserve on the Barclay farm, by accepting a illegally late bid over the Danser's.
anon-ssr6

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 5 2018, 7:27 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What happened to the garage Reply with quote

anon-8rn8 wrote:
The town got what they deserve on the Barclay farm, by accepting a illegally late bid over the Danser's.

Except we are the town. If the TC does something and it creates a problem, we lose. So the town did not get what we deserve at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3