Candidates Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon1234-ps38

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Guest 354-n6o0 wrote:
If one listened carefully to Jay, he never suggested jeopardizing our AAA bond rating by returning too much surplus. Of all the candidates, Jay had a better grasp on the town’s financial status, which is not to say the others are not equally concerned. He simply stated that excess surplus could be used to reduce the tax rate. We usually don’t do this but rather keep the surplus as a means to maintain the rate. Regardless, this is only one issue to consider, and obviously this individual sounds angry with Jay since this person accused the prior posts of being written by him.

If you read my previous comment carefully it says "There was one point that I feel needs a bit more focus..." I never indicated this was the only issue I would consider. If I ask a question and request clarification then I "sound angry"? If I use Jay's own comments, and ones covered by the Cranbury Press then I am not listening carefully-- Got it!

PS- if you are going to use "we" (we usually don't do this....), it may sound like a member of TC responding rather than a member of the public.
anon-8166

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Due to a busy work schedule as well as running around with three children between school and after school activities I was not able to attend candidates night. I would like to thank all the individuals involved in making this event happen. I was curious if anyone knows which candidates support the lollipop kids?
anon-0421

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-8166 wrote:
Due to a busy work schedule as well as running around with three children between school and after school activities I was not able to attend candidates night. I would like to thank all the individuals involved in making this event happen. I was curious if anyone knows which candidates support the lollipop kids?

HAHAHAHA!!!
anon-9562

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-8166 wrote:

Just so everyone is aware, this poster wants us all to remember that Mike Ferrante is short. And that his signs around town are small. And that is super funny. Got it? And we should all remember that making fun of peoples' stature is just harmless fun. It's so fun!

I love our town. Thanks, 8166 for bringing us right back to where this board usually ends up. In the gutter.
anon-1son

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 8:14 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Voting for Jay is a no brainer. If you know anything about what the TC has done for the last decade, you’ll vote for Jay because he has done a great job and helped guide the town through some serious challenges.

On a personal level, I have always liked Mr. Ferrante and I would be otherwise inclined to vote for him, except I can’t get past the shenanigans his group tried to pull off this spring. Secretly trying to “primary” someone who has given so much of himself to Cranbury just does not sit right with me. It shows me that Mr Ferrante is far too willing to set aside the views of the majority of the town to satisfy his small group of zealots.

Conversely, I’ve never had a particularly warm relationship with Wayne, but I have seen him put the interests of the town first. I’m not sure I’ll vote for him, but I am open to the idea. I’d like to hear more about why he is running and his views on key issues. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make it to candidates night so I hope to find a way to learn more before the election.
anon-026n

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

How much do TC officials get paid a year?
Do they qualify for a pension?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 15 2018, 7:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-026n wrote:
How much do TC officials get paid a year?
Do they qualify for a pension?

TC members get a couple thousand a year and something like 200.00 paid into a defined contribution plan each year. I believe in 2010 and in 2011, I could be off in the years, but it was in the last 10 years the TC agreed to twice take 10% or 20% reductions. There haven’t been any increases in pay. I asked one member about the net pay and he said it is enough to take the family to Cranbury Pizza twice a month.
anon-5459

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 17 2018, 11:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Guest 354-n6o0 wrote:
We usually don’t do this but rather keep the surplus as a means to maintain the rate.

hmmmm...I think Jay slipped and used 'we' instead of 'they' when he was pretending to be a random person on this page...

other than a few TC members and a few trolls posting, this page is just an embarassment to our town
HMMMM

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

It is evident that half of the posts (if not more) are from Jay promoting himself while trying to present a misleading version of Mr Ferrante and Wittman responses. Anyone who was unable to attend, should read tomorrow's Cranbury Press from the reporter's perspective and not Jay's version. If not, residents should take the time to reach out to the candidates individually to hear their responses directly.

There was one point that I feel needs a bit more focus-- the $800- 1M in surplus. If Jay (the self proclaimed finance expert) is so fiscally prudent, why is there such a significant amount of surplus? In order to create this type of surplus, one would have to believe there was significant "over" budgeting, or bad financial management to continue to tax residents if funds weren't actually needed? Jay talks about returning the surplus to tax payers however, I would ask why TC kept collecting unnecessary taxes in the first place? Several issues came up that haven't been adequately addressed such as dredging the lake and repairing roads therefore, why hasn't the surplus been applied to address these issues that have been ongoing for years? If residents are supposed to rely on Jay's experience, why haven't these issues been addressed, clearly there are funds available? I would have like to hear a little more about his vision and plan moving forward, and a little less patting himself on the back at every turn.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Why not use the money to improve pedestrian safety and lighting in town? Why do improvements take so long? Who is slowing down the process and not making it a priority? And --- if we believe Jay, who says it is a priority, then it is just SAD! Imagine all the projects that are not priorities? How long they will take?

I know, I know....let's hire more police officers.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

The town did improve lighting I saw lights being changed just this past week or so.

The crosswalks are in discussion with the county because as stated on this board numerous times the town cannot just do what they want on Main St and Cranbury Neck. It requires county approval. The Mayor, Police Chief and Administrator are the traffic subcommittee and they are giving an update to everyone on Monday night. But, you could have airport landing lights and it still won't stop a car. Ask our crossing guards who are almost hit at least once a month and they have bright safety gear and a large stop sign in hand.

Even if the county agrees the improvements need to be funded, so if the county says we approve of the plan it has to wait until the budget time when the funds can be allocated. The town can't just go out and buy whatever they want like we do at home. This too has been explained a lot of times on this board and in TC meetings. So the improvements will not come until next Spring. The lights saved money and PSEG and makes the change.

The only true way to slow traffic down is enforcement and that is why they hired more officers and bought the electronic speed signs. For a specific traffic bureau and that is their only job.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:22 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
Why not use the money to improve pedestrian safety and lighting in town? Why do improvements take so long? Who is slowing down the process and not making it a priority? And --- if we believe Jay, who says it is a priority, then it is just SAD! Imagine all the projects that are not priorities? How long they will take?

I know, I know....let's hire more police officers.

I'm sure that the money will be well spent under Micheal "Cranbury NEEDS a new library" Ferrante Rolling Eyes
anon-8q94

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 2:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

... at least we can be sure there will be enough light to keep people safe.
anon-845q

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 2:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-8q94 wrote:
... at least we can be sure there will be enough light to keep people safe.

It’s the lights that keep people safe? Tell that to the 3 pedestrians struck in the past 5 years. Every incident took place in broad daylight.

Try again.
anon-1100

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Maybe the divers were blinded by the sunshine.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 6:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:

Thank you for showing everyone the SPEND IT ALL RIGHT NOW mentality of those who do not support our TC. Hopefully, enough people recognize the need for, and benefits of, prudent financial planning to continue supporting the TC members who have wisely planned for a rainy day and not simply spent our money like its burning a hole in their pocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3