Who won cranbury elections?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-8op6

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 1:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

I thank God that we have added at least one modern, clear and forward thinking person to the town council and that we will not be going backward. Our children and our community deserve this!
anon-pp98

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 2:55 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-8op6 wrote:
I thank God that we have added at least one modern, clear and forward thinking person to the town council and that we will not be going backward. Our children and our community deserve this!

Thanks for posting mike
anon-9q73

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 9:16 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-pp98 wrote:
anon-8op6 wrote:

Thanks for posting mike

Thanks Jay
anon-nrq6

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 9:39 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-8op6 wrote:

Obviously he was not referring to Wayne
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 20 2018, 10:00 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-8op6 wrote:

If you want to smear people and appear enlightened, it would mean more if you actually were informed. We do not have a Town Council. Cranbury has a Township Committee.

It would also help to know that until today your candidate was not winning, so this does not mean the town supports a CRC or other initiatives.

I would also argue that our TC the past 10 years has been extremely forward thinking as the township financials are the best in the state. We get this way by a TC that is forward thinking and planning. They are not charged with social engineering.
anon;Oqs7-0076

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 21 2018, 9:37 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

The vote was certainly close. I would hope that Mike takes that into consideration as he fulfills his obligation to represent all the residents of Cranbury. I do feel that Wayne failed to take an active role in campaigning and that definitely hurt his chances for victory. When Tom Panconi ran for office he actually went to every home in Cranbury and listened and cared about the residents.If the Republicans ever want to get elected they must work for the votes and touch base with the voters.
anon-42oq

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 7:08 am EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

I agree and hope Jay continues to do the same and represent all voters.
I know Indivisible went after him hard and the Dem leaders are all part of Indivisible. So I hope he does not bow to them.

Wayne came to my house, Mike did not. I voted for Mike and Jay because I just did not see Wayne take a position. He wanted to hire more employees (ie a dedicated grant writer) have more spending on community events (fairs etc..) and when asked about marijuana shops and library he didn’t state a position. He was neither for or against. I figured with Mike I knew what I was getting. If Wayne has opposed marijuana shops and the library he would have had my vote and others. I also worried with Wayne and Mike the CRC would be adopted which I think will hurt the town.

With Jay I assume he’d follow his past votes and record and he also took a position. So I figured it was better to vote with what I know than take a chance.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 9:14 am EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-7666 wrote:

It would also help to know that until today your candidate was not winning, so this does not mean the town supports a CRC or other initiatives.

Actually Mike "won" (i.e. had more votes than Wayne) since election day. The vote didn't "change," it just took two weeks to be counted. It was a close race. There was no mandate in any direction. But to suggest that something changed "today" is a misunderstanding of the process.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 9:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-42oq wrote:
...him hard and the Dem leaders are all part of Indivisible...

Really? Where did you get this idea from? There's only two logical ways to interpret "Dem leaders" for Cranbury and that would either be the elected Democrats or the officers of the local party. I don't believe most (if any) of the local party leaders are the same as the Indivisible members and 2 of the 4 elected officials aren't. So by any definition, the "Dem" leaders are not "all part" of Indivisible.

It would be a mischaracterization to suggest that there's a strong link between Indivisible and Cranbury Democrats. It's probably true that most or all of Indivisible members are local Democrats, but it's absolutely not true that most local Democrats are Indivisible. If they were, Jay would not have been the top voter earner.
anon-42oq

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 9:24 am EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

From what I understand of the 86 provisional ballots cast only about 50 were actually valid.

Further, since these people may not have been in the voter books no one in the town has anyway to know whether of the 51 votes counted if they were actually Cranbury residents. We see Monroe residents at our TC meetings and we share a zip code with surrounding towns. This on top of taking two weeks to do the count.

We don’t know who these people voted for so it does not change the outcome, but without knowing how the county validated that these individuals are actually residents and with so many ballots deemed illegitimate it does raise some concerns about how the county ran the provisional counting process.

This isn’t a candidate issue, just a concern about the county election process.
anon-42oq

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 10:04 am EST    Post subject: Re: Who won cranbury elections? Reply with quote

anon-4os8 wrote:
anon-42oq wrote:
...him hard and the Dem leaders are all part of Indivisible...

Really? Where did you get this idea from? There's only two logical ways to interpret "Dem leaders" for Cranbury and that would either be the elected Democrats or the officers of the local party. I don't believe most (if any) of the local party leaders are the same as the Indivisible members and 2 of the 4 elected officials aren't. So by any definition, the "Dem" leaders are not "all part" of Indivisible.

It would be a mischaracterization to suggest that there's a strong link between Indivisible and Cranbury Democrats. It's probably true that most or all of Indivisible members are local Democrats, but it's absolutely not true that most local Democrats are Indivisible. If they were, Jay would not have been the top voter earner.

If you look at the elected party committee people for the town districts and the member list of Indivisible these individuals are all in the Indivisible group. In fact the leader of Indivisible is the committee person for District 1. The only elected party committee person not in Indivisible is Glenn.

That is not to suggest that all Democrats in town are part of Indivisible. It is just that the elected party leadership is part of Indivisible.

Jay is an elected official, but not an elected Democratic Party representative and he’s made it clear he wants no part of Indivisible at every point which is why they went after him this election. The party leadership even held meet and greets for Mike I understand and did not for Jay. If you look at the Cranbury Dem FB page they have a big graphic to vote Mike and then a small statement saying vote Mike and Jay.

I do think Jay represents the views of more Democrats in town than indivisible does which to your point is why it shows he had the most votes. And most Dem in town do not align with Indivisible just as most Rep in town do not align to the tea party.

Jay does have a platform to represent those of us Dems who want the town to be like it has the past 10 years (after the David Stout era) representing everyone and putting town first in a bipartisan manner and hopefully avoid a repeat of partisan politics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5