Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 8 2019, 5:02 pm EST    Post subject: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Good article on the return of the Traffic Bureau.

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/the_cranbury_press/cranbury-residents-will-have-a-traffic-bureau-in-april/article_45085e41-e573-56b1-b057-1bcdbe74188d.html
anon-2r86

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 12:03 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Ferrante doesn’t even know what he’s talking about. The police department never had 21 officers.
It’s nice to have the traffic safety back but i guess every other tax payer in town isn’t Privileged to these extra patrols unless your on Main Street.
anon-6074

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 6:20 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

anon-2r86 wrote:
Ferrante doesn’t even know what he’s talking about. The police department never had 21 officers.
It’s nice to have the traffic safety back but i guess every other tax payer in town isn’t Privileged to these extra patrols unless your on Main Street.

We currently have 19 officers, and 2 more will make 21. See link below for the NA,es of the 19 officers. Mike knows what he is talking about.

http://www.cranburytownship.org/police_organization.html
anon-7n5n

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 6:55 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

The 2 new officers are already on that list.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 7:27 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Back in the early 2000’s we did have 21 officers including the Chief.

It is also correct that the Twp will only have 19 officers. The two new officers are already accounted for in terms of the 19.

Lastly, I think Mike’s newness to the TC is showing. Traffic patrols were never limited to Main Streeet and they just bought additional speed signs and put in place two officers specific for traffic. The focus on pedestrian safety may be Main Street as that makes sense. But I would bet you anything that Old Tre Ron, Plainsboro Rd, Station Rd and Cranbury Neck will be the speed enforcement areas. As I go down Old Trenton every day I see speed patrols there.
anon-r5qq

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 8:20 am EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

The police deptartment never had 21 officers. They use to have 19 when the first traffic safety was started like over 10 years ago and then got rid of it because the economy was bad and people retired. So the town is finally getting to the numbers that they needed over 10 years ago. And unfortunately we are still behind because so much has changed since then. If we needed 19 cops 10 years ago, we need 24 now.
anon-r810

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 3:46 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Well I guess if you live on Dey rd, rt 130, south river rd, hightstown Cran station rd or brickyard, your not getting traffic safety because the powers that be don’t consider that part of Cranbury.
Guest325-8o65

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 9 2019, 10:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Simply put, the traffic division that existed years ago and was eliminated due to staffing limitations, is now being resurrected. I’m confident that all areas of town will be covered, but I do like the idea of Main Street (where I don’t live) being covered during rush hour since it gets a lot of pass through traffic.
Sweet-6n6q

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 8:17 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Main Street makes sense since that’s where they are anyway ( TEDDY’S)
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 8:46 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Guest325-8o65 wrote:
Simply put, the traffic division that existed years ago and was eliminated due to staffing limitations, is now being resurrected. I’m confident that all areas of town will be covered, but I do like the idea of Main Street (where I don’t live) being covered during rush hour since it gets a lot of pass through traffic.

I agree with the above. All areas will get some coverage, but I think it’s a bit unrealistic to expect all areas will get the same coverage.

On RT 130 which is always a high stop area it is more fun for the police. They get more activity. So that won’t stop.

Dey, Cranbury station and Brickyard don’t have the same resident issues. They don’t have pedestrians, the same number of homes and are more outlying roads away from most residents and pedestrians. So there will likely be speed patrols; just maybe not as many. Just like putting a speed patrol on Monroe or Scottsdale CT or Holmes makes no sense. Doesn’t mean they aren’t part of Cranbury. Just that the issues are different.

Old Trenton, Cranbury Neck, Etc... have high residential and pedestrian impact areas. Therefore it makes sense that they would have a higher number of patrols.
anon-r810

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 6:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

How is Scottsdale Court comparable to route 130, Dey rd. You must be getting your information from Ferrante because he knows nothing also
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 6:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

What I am saying if you read is that there should be no traffic patrols on Scottsdale CT because while there are homes there are no speeding issues. I am not saying the Dey rd and Scottsdale get the same traffic patrols.

Dey rd, Brickyard and Cranbury station have a lot less homes than Plainsboro Rd or Cranbury Neck. So Dey will and should have patrols, but not the same number as other areas of town. Which is why I said they should get patrols. In my view if Old Trenton gets day 21 patrols a week for speeding, Dey and Brickyard should get about a third of the focus around 10-7. Scottsdale or the others would and should have zero as I said. It is not a matter of all roads or areas being treated equally because then you have to put patrols inside developments where there is no benefit. I am pointing out the ridiculousness that all roads should be treated the same.

I am perfectly fine with no patrols on 130 as there only a handful of homes at the moment and nompedeatrians. Stopping a car there going 60 does not benefit the town the same way as a car going 50 on Old Trenton Rd. Or 45 on Cranbury a neck. As those cars if they are speeding there are likely speeding elsewhere in town. But I know that is not realistic to stop patrols on 130. That will always be a high patrol area.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 8:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Sounds like a waste of money.
anon-2r86

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2019, 10:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

So traffic safety should only be concentrated near residential property. What about the general motoring public. What about tax paying business owners. Are they not intitled to safe travels and attention of the traffic officers.
Double standard-4p18

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I would like to see the numbers posted that show how many residents get pulled over and not ticketed vs. how many are ticketed. If more non residents are getting ticketed wouldn’t that be considered favoritism to the residents?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:02 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

anon-2r86 wrote:
So traffic safety should only be concentrated near residential property. What about the general motoring public. What about tax paying business owners. Are they not intitled to safe travels and attention of the traffic officers.

The greatest population deserves the greatest presence. The areas where you have people walking, kids walking to school, have more risk than a warehouse area where people are inside. So yes. Concentrate where the highest risk and impact areas are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3