Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-s316

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
Sounds like a waste of money.

What's a wast of money? Keeping this message board going?
anon-8014

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

If you are looking for Enforcement you can find 2 Officers standing in George's Garage parking lot checking cars that are stopped for the light, for expired Inspection stickers, while behind them, cars are speeding off 130 onto Maplewood Ave to cut through town to avoid the 130 traffic lights.

Or you can find a cluster of Patrol cars at CrockaDeli in East Windsor

Or another cluster observing the mayhem at the Crumbling Cranbury Circle

Or stop in at the Deserted Police Station
Guest 3245-8o65

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 13 2019, 9:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Personally, I think the return of the traffic division is an excellent idea. Those who have posted negative comments might consider having coffee with the chief of police and the mayor at the end of the month and learn more about their plans.
anon;oqr6-0076

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

It seems that spending $180,000 to have traffic controlled in town, when we don't have regular patrol cars around ALL streets in the town is absurd. The only place you ever see a patrol car is on Main Street or in East Windsor or Monroe on food runs.
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 11:51 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Troll and untrue
anon-430p

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Lol. There are just some people looking to get a rise. Then they are the same people complaining the town isn’t doing anything for speeders.
anon-8014

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 3:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

If you would like to see Traffic Enforcement travel South on Main St into Hightstown. The Speed limit there is 25MPH and there is always a Hightstown Patrol car thre making a known presence and therefore cars comply with the Speed limit.

My suggestion for the Mayor and The Chief on one of their Coffee chats to explain their Plans for Traffic Safety is to Plan to get in their car and drive over to Crockadeli in East Windsor or Wawa in Monroe and tell the Cranbury patrolmen in there with their Cranbury Patrol car, to get back into Cranbury and in the future have breakfast at home or stop before you get to work like the rest of us, But after you go on duty stay in the place where you work and do the job.

A suggested Plan would be to make a Presence in Cranbury, like they do in Hightstown. We had a near miss on the Crosswalk in town last year with no resolve, a fatality on Cranbury Neck Road, and every day at 4 to 5PM A freeway down Maplewood Ave as cars cut through town to avoid the 130 Traffic. Here's a Plan you don't have to explain over Coffee. GET OUT THERE AND DO THE JOB BE SEEN MAKE A SHOWING
anon-4n1p

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 4:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Because no one ever leaves their office for lunch right? They are on duty at 6am so if they go to breakfast at Crockadeli at 8 that is fine. Same with lunch at Teddy’s or a quick bite at wawa. Ridiculous to think people have to stay chained to their desk or area.
anon-8014

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 4:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Good logic there friend, so I would assume you are Ok with the Crosswalk guards in the morning leaving the crosswalks to go get a bite, or Teachers during classroom hours heading out of town for a break, Same applies for the 911 Operator, "Out to Lunch" or even the Air Traffic Controller

You must have had a career where no one needed you or noticed if you were around or not, Government worker?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

A crossing guard is not standing in the crosswalk for 12 hours. A 911 dispatcher gets breaks and gets lunch. Most people get 30 minutes to an hour for lunch. Stop the trolling. You never worked a job where you sat at a desk straight for 8 hours, No one does.

BTW I have seen teachers at Crockadeli and Teddy’s at their lunch break.

No one cares what you think or your trolling.
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

when the cops are eating whether at Crocadeli, Teddy’s or another nearby establishment they have portable radios. when a call comes in they leave their meal and answer the call. This is not unique to Cranbury this is how it is done in every municipality including Hightstown, East Windsor, NYC and Anytown USA.

While Running radar on every street 24-7, 365 is not possible. I’m sure there will be a big difference once the dedicated traffic unit starts. There will still be people(angry trolls) coming on this forum to complain.
Curious-6n31

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 5:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Double standard-4p18 wrote:
I would like to see the numbers posted that show how many residents get pulled over and not ticketed vs. how many are ticketed. If more non residents are getting ticketed wouldn’t that be considered favoritism to the residents?
I still haven’t seen any numbers that the previous poster was asking about. Are we only ticketing out of town drivers? Are we treating all drivers the same when it comes to ticketing or are we profiling against outsiders?
anon-43q7

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 7:42 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I don’t know if the police keep the data that way. It’s easy enough to find by filing an OPRA request. But my guess based on residents who told (brag) they only get warnings I guess we are fairly lenient on residents like most towns are.
anon-83s0

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 4:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Point well taken, everyone is entitled to breaks, lunch. Here is the point of the Hightstown example, when traveling through Hightstown you constantly see Patrol cars, if you do don't , they are probably observing without being seen or at least that is the impression, as they are always around . Hence the belief that Hightstown enforces the Speed limit, so if their Patrolman are out getting lunch, motorists still believe this is not the place to speed.

In Cranbury Patrol cars are rarely around, except after an incident, a Parade, or Utility work. After an incident out come the lighted signs and flashing speed numbers, where are they right now? If Motorists believed ( through Enforcement) that Cranbury is not the Town to speed in, there would be no need for a Traffic Enforcement Committee , formulating one proves there is a problem. Speed limit compliance can only be achieved through High Visibility , Patrol and Enforcement. Once that message is sent, and the Speeding through Town has been stopped, go take a Well deserved Break, but not until Speed Enforcement is delivered. All support is given to this New initiative, but it is believed they will arrive at the same conclusion, and hopefully before another Tragedy.
anon-r931

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 5:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Good comparison to Hightown. They are 1.2 sq miles and we are 14sq miles
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 6:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I am curious what happened to the digital speed signs. I knew they were circulating them back-and-forth to a few laces but it's been a while since I have come across them anywhere from my daily driving on Main Street, Plainsboro Road or Cranbury Neck. Where did they go? I thought they were purchased and not just rented for a month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3