Democratic Civil War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-2640

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 1:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Make no mistake, there’s a civil war in the Cranbury Democratic Party. The radical Indivisibles are pulling out every dirty trick to take control of the local Dems and advance their radical agenda... dismissing decades of master planning in favor of more residences, more apartments, more affordable housing resulting in higher taxes and jeopardizing our relationship with Princeton High School. If that’s what you want, vote for the Indivisible candidates. If you want to keep Cranbury on track, then vote in the primaries on June 4th for the Democrats who promise to keep Cranbury on track.
taxed out;-0076

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 2:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

I sure wish that someone credible would have the candidates post their true positions. Unfortunately they say the Democrats don't even have money for flyers or postage.
David Nissen-q39p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 5:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

I am a member of the current Cranbury Democratic Committee (CDC). I am also likely to be a member of the next one, since I am running for re-election unopposed. The current Committee actively solicited larger participation in the today's Democratic primary,and we are gratified by the engagement of 15 candidates (4 for the 2 Township Committee positions, and 11 for the 6 CDC positions). This is not Civil War. iThis is grassroots democracy and we are better for it.
I like to point out (and I will keep doing so in the new Committee) that the goals of the Indivisible organization (IND) and the CDC are very different and need to be kept separate. IND (in its 4000 chapters) arose in opposition to Trump and his supporters at Federal, State, and local levels. For the 4 decades that I have been active, the CDC has focussed only on Cranbury candidates and issues. We have helped sustain the farmland and historic preservation and sense of community that makes Cranbury so special to us, by advancing candidates with this dedication and with competence and broad appeal. We will continue to do so.
David Nissen-q39p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 5:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

BTW. I am Treasurer for the campaign of Eman el Badawi. Our campaign, and (I am sure) the other campaigns, have readily and legally raised funding through recorded donations for campaign materials, as they all note.
anon-55n7

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 6:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Outed David is indivisible Cranbury

Indivisible taking over Cranbury

2019 Indivisible Candiates
Barbara Rogers and Eman El-Badawi

2018 Indivisible Candidate
Mike Ferrante

2017 Indivisible Candidate
Matt Scott

Cranbury Indivisible
Laura Zurfluh - Leader
Holly Johnson
Jessica Ware
Jessica Irons
Mike Ferrante
Deanna Ferrante
Matt Scott
Heather Keltz Scott
Paul Mullen
Barbara Rogers
Eman El-Badawi
MariCris McDowell
David Nissan

More to be added

The Indivisible Project's mission is to cultivate a grassroots movement of literally thousands of local Indivisible groups to elect progressive leaders, realize bold progressive policies, rebuild our democracy, and defeat the Trump agenda

https://indivisible.org
David Nissen-q39p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 7:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Just to put this in context, I have been to a total of 2 Indivisible meetings. I have been active in Cranbury government and community activities for 4 decades:
Government
• Cranbury Environmental Commission, Chair
• Cranbury Planning Board
• Cranbury Township Committee
• Cranbury Zoning Board, current
• 2019 Advisory Committee on Master Plan Re-examination
Community
• Cranbury Landmarks (preserved the old School House, Town Hall)
• Cranbury Housing Associates
• Cranbury Historical Society
• Cranbury Library Foundation
anon-288p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 7:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Does not deny being a member

Nissen - indivisible cranbury

David Nissen-q39p wrote:
Just to put this in context, I have been to a total of 2 Indivisible meetings. I have been active in Cranbury government and community activities for 4 decades:
Government
Community
anon-288p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 7:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Indivisible taking over Cranbury

2019 Indivisible Candiates
Barbara Rogers and Eman El-Badawi

2018 Indivisible Candidate
Mike Ferrante

2017 Indivisible Candidate
Matt Scott

Cranbury Indivisible
Laura Zurfluh - Leader
Holly Johnson
Jessica Ware
Jessica Irons
Mike Ferrante
Deanna Ferrante
Matt Scott
Heather Keltz Scott
Paul Mullen
Barbara Rogers
Eman El-Badawi
MariCris McDowell
David Nissan

anon-288p wrote:
Does not deny being a member

Nissen - indivisible cranbury

David Nissen-q39p wrote:
Government
Community
CranburyPerson-463p

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 7:47 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

Such comical fear-mongering! Read this site at your own risk! This site represents the worst the town that we love. The idea of good people being part of some left-wing conspiracy is ludicrous.
anon-0431

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 12:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

CranburyPerson-463p wrote:
Such comical fear-mongering! Read this site at your own risk! This site represents the worst the town that we love. The idea of good people being part of some left-wing conspiracy is ludicrous.

What’s the difference between a secretive political organization that focuses on “primarying” moderates and a left-wing conspiracy?

PERSPECTIVE
anon-7666

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 6:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

CranburyPerson-463p wrote:

Saying there is not a left wing Tea Party equivalent group in town is like Trump denying global warming does not exist. Both ignore the facts and what is right in front of everyone.

The Indivisible group to their credit was highly motivated and they just took over every seat on the Dem Committee this election. Every seat on the Dem committee in town is now filled by an Indivisible member. The two TC candidates are Indivisible members.

The Indivisible charter is based on local influence.

Even if you agree with the Indivisible agenda you cannot fee that the right thing for the town is to have four inexperienced people running the town making key decisions. I attended a few TC meetings this year and saw the meeting stop full on as Matt and Mike were asking basic questions and showing they were unprepared. How is this going to work next year? Even if both Republicans win we have to hope they will do their homework. None have contacts at the county or state to help us with grants and I can bet that they will put Jay to the side so any voice of reason is gone.
anon-0p81

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 7 2019, 1:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Democratic Civil War Reply with quote

This is democracy in action. We just had a primary in which the moderate, stay-the-course Democrats were beaten across the board by the progressive, change-the-course Democrats. Now, on to the general election where we will see if the progressive democratic message resonates with the larger electorate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1