good day for cranbury and dems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-nrq6

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 10:20 pm EDT    Post subject: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Cranbury Township Committee 3 Year (DEM)Vote for 2

CHRISTOPHER
16%

EL-BADAWI
32%

JOHNSON
24%

ROGERS
29%
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 11:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Not to be rude, but what makes it good?

It would be good if you could explain why? I am not saying it is or is not good, just trying to understand why you made the comment. Considering that same IP was trolling in other posts.
anon:oqs9-0076

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2019, 11:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

I agree that it is a good day for Cranbury. The Old Guard that has taken us to where we are[ in an undemocratic, strong arm, my way or the highway attitude] is now finally out to pasture. Lets hope a more considerate, more caring, more environmentally friendly nature of committee folks will help guide us back to some true civility in politics. Maybe we can regain some of what we lost when the committee injected itself into every board appointment and decision. Lets look forward to starting with a clean slate, open minds and restoring the great hometown Cranbury many of us grew up in. I applaud the efforts of the winners and appreciate their many tireless hours spent trying to make Cranbury a great place for all of us to live. I wish them well and thank them for running for office.
anon-0431

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 12:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

anon:oqs9-0076 wrote:
I agree that it is a good day for Cranbury. The Old Guard that has taken us to where we are[ in an undemocratic, strong arm, my way or the highway attitude] is now finally out to pasture. Lets hope a more considerate, more caring, more environmentally friendly nature of committee folks will help guide us back to some true civility in politics. Maybe we can regain some of what we lost when the committee injected itself into every board appointment and decision. Lets look forward to starting with a clean slate, open minds and restoring the great hometown Cranbury many of us grew up in. I applaud the efforts of the winners and appreciate their many tireless hours spent trying to make Cranbury a great place for all of us to live. I wish them well and thank them for running for office.

Who is the “old guard” you’re talking about? Glenn and Susan?

PS if you want to regain civility, start with yourself.
anon:oqs9-0076

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 12:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Just Glenn-------
anon-0431

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 12:28 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Just Glenn-------

I don’t begrudge you celebrating the victory of the candidates you support, but if you want civility, try showing a little respect for Glenn’s years of service to our community. Practice what you preach.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 6:51 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

First off this post is why I won’t Vote Dem any longer in town. Just as I stopped during the Stout years.

Our town the last ten years has preserved farmland, has reduced our taxes and spending, gotten us through a recession, has begun to dredge the lake and just took on 3m of road repairs at almost no cost to tax payers. Yet the left wing Dems only see their agenda and attack.

The only strong arm things I see is ok’ing from this group that wants their agenda only.

Matt Scott calling his fellow TC members racist, Mike convincing the TC to adopt meeting rules that limit free speech with a 3 minute max and a written notification of who wants to speak.

If you want to look at board appointments. Unlike in the past where people were removed because they were not the right party or political alliance the board appointments are being made with qualified people of all backgrounds. Just go to town hall and ask for the applications. When I asked a TC member about the board appointments I was amazed at the quality of who was applying and being appointed.

Could it be that board chairs are wanting friends and not qualified people? The chair of the board of health wanted her husband appointed to the board. The Head of the EC Barbara Rogers who was backed by Laura Zurfluh for TC wanted Laura’s husband on the EC this year instead of a more qualified person who had an extensive environmental background who was appointed. When people rise that board appointments are being made by the TC they should look to see who is appointed and the qualifications. I know one board member was not reappointed this year that upset a lot of Indivisible people and myself. But when I asked why I was told she had not attended over 50% of the meetings for 2 years in a row. So how can I be upset that someone not attending meetings is not re-appointed.

Let’s next year who is appointed and if it is friends or quality people.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 7:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

anon-nrq6 wrote:
Cranbury Township Committee 3 Year (DEM)Vote for 2

CHRISTOPHER
16%

EL-BADAWI
32%

JOHNSON
24%

ROGERS
29%

It is always a good day when voters have choices.
Guest 23715-qor3

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 9:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Choices are good, but it serves Cranbury no good to remove a TC member who has served us extremely well. I can only hope that if 1 or both of these individuals get elected that they choose to represent all of Cranbury residents and not special interest groups.
anon-896s

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 9:43 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Guest 23715-qor3 wrote:
Choices are good, but it serves Cranbury no good to remove a TC member who has served us extremely well. I can only hope that if 1 or both of these individuals get elected that they choose to represent all of Cranbury residents and not special interest groups.

The two republican candidates will NEVER win a seat on the TC. You simply cannot attract young families to Cranbury for the excellent schools and expect them to support Republican science deniers to run the town.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 9:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Guest 23715-qor3 wrote:

Welcome to 2019, where the only thing that matters is your feelings. It doesn't matter that Glenn has served this town well or that his positions make sense or that he has a realistic view of what will keep our taxes low while maintaining our small village charm. No, what matters most is that he made a dumb joke and people got offended. Down the road he goes.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 10:00 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

anon-896s wrote:
Guest 23715-qor3 wrote:

The two republican candidates will NEVER win a seat on the TC. You simply cannot attract young families to Cranbury for the excellent schools and expect them to support Republican science deniers to run the town.

This is true and all of you republicans in town should take note. This town will probably not elect a republican again. If you want to have any say at all in this town or get any voice as to who will represent you on a local level you might consider switching your party. The Indivisible takeover could have been prevented.

Save your Jay Taylor jokes, Indivisible. This is what it's come to. You have your dirty tricks, maybe it's time for the rest of the town to sink to your level.

The Republican party will soon go the way of the Whig party. May as well get on board while you can save this town.
anon-9q16

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 10:25 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

anon-896s wrote:
Guest 23715-qor3 wrote:

I hope those kids of young families enjoy learning about science in trailers on the soccer field because that’s where we are heading.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 10:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

anon-896s wrote:
Guest 23715-qor3 wrote:

Seriously. This is the utmost troll post.
anon-25qr

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 10:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

The only one to blame for Glenn's loss is Glenn.
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2019, 11:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: good day for cranbury and dems Reply with quote

Regardless of who won this primary, its time to stop the lack of civility. The indivisible candidates won because they campaigned much harder. There was low voter turnout and the people that turned out were primarily those that have been energized, inspired, driven or whatever by the indivisible movement. I hope that whoever does get elected to fill the commitee seats does not see themselves as some sort of victim seeking vengeance against a previously spiteful town. Historically that is just not the case. As far as comments about females, female leaders in Cranbury are nothing new. Over last 40 years At least four females have been mayor. They have also led the school, the first aid squad, the township, and many other organizations. By insinuating that there is some type of revolution by having female candidates it is an insult to those leaders past and present who have served the town. There has also been a small gay community in Cranbury for many years. No one really cared. There were several openly transgendered people who were very “out” in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s. No one in Cranbury really seemed to care. They were just part of fabric of the town.

The malarkey that the town is going to change the master plan and build houses east of 130 is just that. As far as I can tell the people in indivisible seem to be pretty focused on education. I doubt they would do anything to jeopardize our school or our relationship with Princeton. If they want to add additional infrastructure, parks, recreation, etc.. well wait and see if it drives up taxes. If it does, the good thing is that they can be voted out of office in 3 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2