Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 20 2021, 2:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m.

Information to join Zoom meeting will be posted on the Library website and e-mailed by Township closer to date.

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/candidates-night-tuesday-october-12th-700-pm
anon-1ror

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Why is this not in person?
anon-8nro

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 22 2021, 12:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Because it makes it easier for Democrats to ignore questions. Just like you see the Biden Administration doing every day.
anon-rpq0

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 22 2021, 3:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:
Because it makes it easier for Democrats to ignore questions. Just like you see the Biden Administration doing every day.

Or maybe because some attendees are possibly immunocompromised and would rather join from home with COVID-19 around.

But I assume that anon-8nro is blaming the moderators of this annual event already for not being able to f/u on questions to get the candidates to answer them.

If you have a problem with how the Woman's Club is running the even, why don't you either volunteer to moderate (surely you are highly qualified) or reach out to them (but that may require giving up your anonymity).
anon-8nro

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 22 2021, 5:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Events like Cranbury day have no Covid concerns, with mass participation, but Candidates night , well now lets isolate ourselves so we can pick the questions we like and ignore the inconvenient ones. Turn your back and walk away from the podium in effect, it works at the highest level of Government, why not here!
anon-rpq0

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:19 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:
Events like Cranbury day have no Covid concerns, with mass participation, but Candidates night , well now lets isolate ourselves so we can pick the questions we like and ignore the inconvenient ones. Turn your back and walk away from the podium in effect, it works at the highest level of Government, why not here!

Why don't you reach out to the organizers to complain? Last I checked both events are not run by the same group. Did you reach out to the woman's club prior to them announcing it? I guess your didn't. Why didn't you if you wanted to make sure it's an in person event?

Cranbury day is an outdoor event. It's candidates night?

Why are you such an idiot? Born this way?
anon-8nro

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 23 2021, 8:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Intelligent rebuttal. Class act.
anon-rpq0

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:
Intelligent rebuttal. Class act.
I am sorry you are not competent to run your own debate with the candidates. Dissing the good work of the woman's club is apparently your forte.
anon-8nro

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 24 2021, 8:58 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

You should attempt to improve your vocabulary.
anon-1ror

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 10:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:
Exactly! They could have candidates night in the school gym with plenty of room for the social distancing that they like.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 3:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

What's the problem with doing it by Zoom? Still get to ask question, see reactions, etc. I'd be more likely to attend by Zoom than in-person. Isn't more people better?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 3:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

I like the zoom format. What I don’t like is the candidates spending most of the time answering their own questions (yes I have also told the Woman’s club this) and the time spent last year by people asking about political parties. Party affiliation in Cranbury government is meaningless we’re not tackling National issues. I am looking forward to a candidates night that is not about the library though.
anon-8nro

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 6:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

I do think however that party affiliation is important to know as it gets into a Candidates mindset. It has been clearly demonstrated on a National level that the Democratic mindset is idealistic, incompetent and catastrophic in the outcomes of the projects they sponsor or issues they ignore. We don't need incompetence on a local level as there is more than enough on a National level.
anon-p589

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 8:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:
I do think however that party affiliation is important to know as it gets into a Candidates mindset. It has been clearly demonstrated on a National level that the Democratic mindset is idealistic, incompetent and catastrophic in the outcomes of the projects they sponsor or issues they ignore. We don't need incompetence on a local level as there is more than enough on a National level.

I'm still wondering if your were born an idiot or if it was your upbringing?
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 25 2021, 9:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-8nro wrote:

Translation: "I make decisions based on broad generalizations and am only capable of binary thinking, so I'll just vote based on party because I am incapable of making an informed decision based on the particular facts and positions of individual candidates or issues." Gotcha...
anon-1ror

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 26 2021, 8:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 p.m. Reply with quote

anon-p589 wrote:
anon-8nro wrote:

I'm still wondering if your were born an idiot or if it was your upbringing?
The original poster has a valid point, however since you have no good response you resort to childish name calling. Typical democrat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2