Another Warehouse ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-8q1n

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 1 2022, 2:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

anon-nnq0 wrote:
My friends and I were riding in the bike lane down the middle Of old Cranbury rd enjoying the weather and I can’t believe how many cars were in the lane too. They seemed annoyed following us as we gradually rode taking in the sights. Don’t they realize they were driving in a bike lane?

Why is the bike lane in the middle of the street?! Seems extremely dangerous.
anon-r672

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 1 2022, 7:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

What. You mean that is a street? I thought it was the new bike lane that I can ride to crockadeli. Or are they trying to put me out on Rt 130 where I can ride my bike and waive to the trucks as they go by.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 2 2022, 7:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

All your sarcastic conversation with yourself aside, this is nothing new. Bikes have always had the right to share the roads. And have around here for years. Adding signage to draw attention to what was already true harms no one. Especially since so many motorists seem clueless about the basic rules of the roads.
anon-p0q2

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 3 2022, 5:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Seems like a TC member is upset. The bike lane is silly. It is in the middle of the road and painted every 10 feet as though people are goldfish and can’t remember. Not to mention spilled white paint all
Over a new road. It serves no purpose other than for the Mayor in an election year to say I did a bike lane. One end stops at Old Trenton Rd. the other is a narrow bridge. Even if you say fine go across it the road still ends at 130 which is far from a bike safe rd. Are bikers really going to be like kids and just ride back and forth? This isn’t a bike lane type road and even in campaigns this road was never raised as one for a bike lane. Nor do people see the large bike groups that go through town on that road.

People are making fun of it because it is so weird and wasteful. That the TC is so bike lane must do and eager for any win that they can’t see it is funny and yet concerning at the same time.
anon-1qq3

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 3 2022, 10:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Bicyclists need to obey the rules of the road, weather there is signage or not. I think the town needs to have the company come back and repair signs and move them over to the side of the road where they belong.

39:4-14.1 Rights and Duties of Persons on Bicycles.
Every person riding a bicycle on a roadway is granted all the rights and subject to all of the duties of the motor vehicle driver.

39:4-14.2, 39:4-10.11 Operating Regulations.
Every person riding a bicycle on a roadway shall ride as near to the right roadside as practicable exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction. A bicyclist may move left under any of the following conditions: 1) To make a left turn from a left turn lane or pocket; 2) To avoid debris, drains, or other hazardous conditions on the right; 3) To pass a slower moving vehicle; 4) To occupy any available lane when traveling at the same speed as other traffic; 6) To travel no more than two abreast when traffic is not impeded, but otherwise ride in single file. Every person riding a bicycle shall ride in the same direction as vehicular traffic. In New Jersey, the law states a bicyclist must obey all state and local automobile driving laws. A parent may be held responsible for the child’s violation of any traffic law.
Rolling Eyes
Denied-s00s

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 7 2022, 1:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

https://centraljersey.com/2022/07/05/cranbury-zoning-board-denies-variance-relief-for-proposed-warehouse-facility/

Denied though I sense a lawsuit coming.
anon-rqq5

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 7:31 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Denied-s00s wrote:
https://centraljersey.com/2022/07/05/cranbury-zoning-board-denies-variance-relief-for-proposed-warehouse-facility/

Denied though I sense a lawsuit coming.

And?
And what?-s00s

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 10:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

And what?
anon-n5s1

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 12:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

I don’t see any way the ruling would be over turned in court. It follows the Masterplan and zoning.

What I do have concerns with is Mr. Nissen saying he was torn and would have see. It differently 3-4 years ago. As a long time Zoning board member I would have expected him to honor the Masterplan. Mr. McGovern I think also should have honored the Masterplan.

Having people willing to put individual views above the Masterplan is how you create issues.
anon-p3o1

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 1:47 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

I can see this a few years from now when people are saying, man I wish they let that small warehouse be built. Instead, now we have ________. Be careful what you wish for.
anon-o41s

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 2:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Seems like the A/C is not working and people here are getting a bit stupid. Oh wait. It's Cranbury.info. Nevermind
anon-p0q2

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 8 2022, 9:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

anon-p3o1 wrote:
I can see this a few years from now when people are saying, man I wish they let that small warehouse be built. Instead, now we have ________. Be careful what you wish for.

There is a Masterplan for a reason. The only way that happens is if you have a bunch of people who ignore the zoning and want to follow their individual views. If they follow the zoning of the last 40 years that won’t happen just like this application was denied. The issue is if people ignore the plan. But if they do then any resident or group can sue and likely win. With a MasterPlan the applicant has to prove why it is wrong. With a plan that is 40 years old that is hard to do.
anon-p3o1

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 9 2022, 12:38 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Not saying the master plan is totally wrong but Cranbury today is not Cranbury 40yrs ago.
With warehouses to the right and left, tell me what the issue would be. Maybe they’ll put up another strip mall instead. Then they’ll be complaining complaining again.
anon-n420

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 9 2022, 5:14 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

Tha Masterplan is reviewed and updated every 10 years most recently a few years ago. Putting a strip mall or warehouse on 130 has never been a consideration nor should it be.
anon-rs1o

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 22 2022, 11:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

anon-n611 wrote:
I am waiting for a candidate for the township committee to run on a platform to simply repave Route 130 to quiet the truck rumbling noise OR lobby for a sound wall along Route 130 to keep fumes and noise from being discharged into the adjacent homes that were built years before this warehouse craziness began OR to even take up the issue of completion of the Liberty Way Extension Project

OR to just insist that additional turning roadways be built at the intersection of Half Acre road/Route 130 so that the turning trucks don’t take forever to turn and spew their soot and fumes on the adjacent homes in our neighborhood ---- and have the warehouse developer pay for land acquisition and development at this intersection .

Yes and I know that the funding for these projects is done at the county or state level so you are all impotent and don’t have to do or say a damn thing.

Quality of life OR low property taxes

I’ll vote for anybody that will at least publicly talk about these issues

Noticed that Old Cranbury Road just got repaved and now Trenton Road is being repaired to be repaved.
Where is the TC effort to advocate with the state to repave RT 130 which carries the bulk of the truck traffic right through the middle of Cranbury.
Any TC member can visit any home along RT 130 and hear the rumbling noise from the trucks hitting the multiple potholes on Rt 130
anon-n51p

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:58 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Another Warehouse ? Reply with quote

I agree. Where is the focus on 130?

The Cranbury circle has been in the plans since the 1980’s. I remember Dave Cook presenting plans about a fix 10 years ago. Now it is planned to be completed in 2027-29. But the TC is claiming victory for it despite there having been multiple meetings of the same type in the past. I am sure in 2027 whoever sits on the TC will claim victory too. Yet 130 will be ignored.

I only remember one time in the last 15 - 20 years when we thought it was being fixed. The state came in and TC members said it was going to be done. Then nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3