Princeton Soup & Sandwich
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-9648

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 9:57 am EDT    Post subject: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

Whats everyone's thoughts on Princeton Soup & Sandwich?

I do like their sandwiches but the price point is a little high. I wonder with the prices if they will stay in business. Crockadeli down the street is half the price. I always want to see businesses in town succeed and hope they do survive.

Looking forward to Scotto pizza soon Smile
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:07 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

My sandwich and fries were good. Staff was nice and attentive. Was pricy but I'm willing to pay a premium to help a local business succeed.
anon-rn6s

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

They are no more expensive than other high quality places. Panera is the same price point, but a chain. They are not a Teddy’s or crockadeli type of place. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for better ingredients. If I want a hoagie Crockadeli a burger Teddy’s. But honestly my price at Teddy’s recently for a burger fries and drink was just as much as my sandwich at Princeton Soup. I will still go to Teddy’s because their burger is good. Just a value I see in the meal.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 2:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

anon-rn6s wrote:
They are no more expensive than other high quality places. Panera is the same price point, but a chain. They are not a Teddy’s or crockadeli type of place. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for better ingredients. If I want a hoagie Crockadeli a burger Teddy’s. But honestly my price at Teddy’s recently for a burger fries and drink was just as much as my sandwich at Princeton Soup. I will still go to Teddy’s because their burger is good. Just a value I see in the meal.

Again, I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for a local business to succeed and will continue to patron PS&S. But it's a stretch to say the prices are the same as Panera. I'm sure you can find a way to spend as much as Panera and some of the menu items aren't comparable, but on average Panera is a bit cheaper for majority of the sandwiches and salads. Panera also include their sides. Paid almost $10 for fries at PS&S. A sandwich at PS&S costs more than a pizza that can be shared at CP.

Perhaps the fresh, locally sourced ingredients justify it. Not suggesting it's an unreasonable price. Just that I walked away paying more than I frequently have at Panera or CP for the same group of eaters. Seems more accurate to lean into why its worth it than the compare it to the price of other options.
anon-9648

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 3:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

Princeton Soup and Sandwich is good its just somewhere some people cannot afford to go to every day. I do wish them the best and I do hope they do well in town. I guess more people need to know they are there because every time my family goes in there it is empty.
anon-635n

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

I dont think they will last to long in town. Way to expensive. Place is not even crowded.
anon-p0q2

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 24 2023, 9:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

anon-opr0 wrote:
anon-rn6s wrote:

Again, I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for a local business to succeed and will continue to patron PS&S. But it's a stretch to say the prices are the same as Panera. I'm sure you can find a way to spend as much as Panera and some of the menu items aren't comparable, but on average Panera is a bit cheaper for majority of the sandwiches and salads. Panera also include their sides. Paid almost $10 for fries at PS&S. A sandwich at PS&S costs more than a pizza that can be shared at CP.

Perhaps the fresh, locally sourced ingredients justify it. Not suggesting it's an unreasonable price. Just that I walked away paying more than I frequently have at Panera or CP for the same group of eaters. Seems more accurate to lean into why its worth it than the compare it to the price of other options.

Cranbury Pizza is not comparable. I can get Cranbury Pizza for less than Burger King or McDonalds for my family. You can’t compare Pizza to what Princeton Soup offers.

Everyone has a feeling of what they are wiling or not willing to spend. I don’t see material differences in dollars. But I am sure others will. Just like when I want a night out I go to Princeton and know it will be 150 dinner vs going to Americana where it will be much less.
anon-470q

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 25 2023, 8:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

Willing to pay alittle more for something better. Maybe Denise Marabello should take that advice.
anon-9648

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 25 2023, 11:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

anon-470q wrote:
Willing to pay alittle more for something better. Maybe Denise Marabello should take that advice.

Not sure what this comment had to do with a sandwich shop?
anon-r468

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 26 2023, 5:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

Shouldn't it be "Cranbury Soup and Sandwich"?
anon-n3p0

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

anon-r468 wrote:
Shouldn't it be "Cranbury Soup and Sandwich"?

Why? Their main store is Princeton where they started. You don’t change your name every time you open a new location.
Cranburyresident123-4p7n

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 27 2023, 10:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

My sandwich was good (and staff was nice) but I thought the price was high for what it was. Cost seems similar to PJs but they include a side of fries or coleslaw.

Also, I asked for a cup of water and they charged me for a bottle of water and I was told to get it from the fridge. Even just a container of water and cups on the counter to help yourself would be fine--but after spending $$ on a simple sandwich I wasn't happy to have to buy water too.
anon-n4r4

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 27 2023, 12:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Princeton Soup & Sandwich Reply with quote

We asked for a glass of water and they showed us a cup and water dispensary on the counter. I guess if you say I’ll have a water they assume you mean bottled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1