Mayor's Update - January 23, 2024
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 28, 10:53 am EST    Post subject: Mayor's Update - January 23, 2024 Reply with quote

Mayor's Update - January 23, 2024

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

Like many communities in New Jersey, we are recovering from multiple winter storms that created dangerous conditions, and resulted in many delays and cancellations. Diligent communication from our Township administration ensured that staff remained safe, and work continued smoothly. Our township roads were efficiently maintained by our dedicated Department of Public Works, while our Township Police and Firefighters as well as local First Aid Squad bravely took care of road safety and rescue. It was a true collaborative effort and I ask you to join me in extending them all gratitude.

At our TC meeting last night, I made a proclamation recognizing Muslim American Heritage month. This recognition serves to shed light on the Muslim American identity, and it extends a warm Cranbury welcome to the Muslim community. In the spirit of community building, I look forward to highlighting unique contributions of other cultures in Cranbury in a similar fashion.

In allowing greater opportunity to connect with the community, I’ve created scheduled time for residents to “Meet the Mayor.” Every other month I’ll be joined by a township member at a local establishment for an informal conversation with residents. The dates for this are; February 3, April 6, June 1, August 3, October 5 and December 7. Please join me February 3 at Teddy’s from 1pm-2:30pm.

Events to Look Out For:

January 25 (Thursday)- Historic Site Survey Presentation from 7:00-8:00 pm at the Cranbury Library. For more information click here.

January 25 (Thursday)- Remedies from the Kitchen presented by Food Historian, Judith Krall-Russo at Cranbury Library starting at 2:00 pm. To register click here.

January 26 & 27 (Friday& Saturday)- Princeton Jazz Festival at Princeton Highschool Performing Arts Center starting at 6:30pm. For more information click here.

January 26 (Friday)- Girl Sprouts! Hamilton Winter Session from 11:00am-12:00pm at Hamilton Girl Experience Center. To register click here.

January 27 (Saturday)- Township budget meeting starting 9:00am at Town Hall.

January 29 (Monday)- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Cranbury Library from 1:00-6:00pm. To register click here.

March 1 (Friday)- Career Day at Cranbury School from 9:30 am-12:30pm. If you are interested in sharing your career with our students, or serving as our Keynote speaker, please complete the Career Day Form by Friday, February 2nd. Mrs. Fulton will follow up with additional information about Career Day. For more information, click here.

March 7-9 (Thursday-Saturday)- Cranbury School Musical… Little Mermaid, Jr. For more information click here.

Stay safe and stay warm!

Eman El-Badawi
Mayor of Cranbury Township

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/mayors-update-january-23-2024
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1