Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 27 2017, 7:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
The good news is this is the other side of 130. So most residents are not impacted by traffic.

The liberty way bridge I hear is north of 10 million. Do you want our taxes to take on that debt? I don't. I support liberty way, but only if we can get a grant to cover it. Otherwise our taxes will sky rocket as that plus affordable housing would be 20 million. Add in the lake and you're at 25m to close to 30m and that is before accounting for debt already on our books.
Are you serious? I guess most people in Cranbury don't drive on Rte 130. With all the new employees, most of which will be undesirables we will have to hire at least one new police officer, which is understandable. This will also cause more strain on fire and ems services. That's right you or a loved one could be seriously ill and the first aid squad may be at one of these warehouses dealing with the aftermath of a knife fight. Or your house could be on fire but the fire department might be preoccupied with a false alarm. I feel bad for people who live on Stockton dr as the dock noise we be quite loud with trucks constantly idling, and backing up. Also the new warehouses will cause a major increase in pollution.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
anon-s6p5 wrote:
The good news is this is the other side of 130. So most residents are not impacted by traffic.

The liberty way bridge I hear is north of 10 million. Do you want our taxes to take on that debt? I don't. I support liberty way, but only if we can get a grant to cover it. Otherwise our taxes will sky rocket as that plus affordable housing would be 20 million. Add in the lake and you're at 25m to close to 30m and that is before accounting for debt already on our books.
Are you serious? I guess most people in Cranbury don't drive on Rte 130. With all the new employees, most of which will be undesirables we will have to hire at least one new police officer, which is understandable. This will also cause more strain on fire and ems services. That's right you or a loved one could be seriously ill and the first aid squad may be at one of these warehouses dealing with the aftermath of a knife fight. Or your house could be on fire but the fire department might be preoccupied with a false alarm. I feel bad for people who live on Stockton dr as the dock noise we be quite loud with trucks constantly idling, and backing up. Also the new warehouses will cause a major increase in pollution.

Over react much?

We have many warehouses and rarely have issues. Never once a knife fight. Sounds rather elitist that people who are working at a warehouse are knife fighters and undesirable individuals.

The Fire Department I am sure is capable of multiple calls. They handled Irene and Sandy without issue and by the way I would imagine most of those we rely on with Fire and First Aid are hard working non-Wall St individuals. The kind of person you're bashing.

What is your solution? More housing so the town can be like Robbinsville and have high taxes, lose Princeton and have to build a midddle school and high school?
anon-2r86

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

The fire department is volunteer and I doubt many are around during the day. And the first aid squad is a paid service because they couldn't handle the calls. And even being paid, they still only have one ambulance on duty to answer calls. So I wouldn't say they are that capable of handling multiple calls.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 28 2017, 6:45 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

If you read TC minutes other towns support Cranbury during the day the squad and Fire dept. are more than capable.
anon-8p53

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 28 2017, 8:57 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
]...With all the new employees, most of which will be undesirables we will have to hire at least one new police officer, which is understandable. This will also cause more strain on fire and ems services. That's right you or a loved one could be seriously ill and the first aid squad may be at one of these warehouses dealing with the aftermath of a knife fight. Or your house could be on fire but the fire department might be preoccupied with a false alarm...

Exactly what makes you think that most of the new employees at this warehouse will be "undesirables"? And what is your definition of "undesirable"? There are a lot of overindulged kids in this area who could benefit from working at a real job for a few months. Maybe if these kids had a tiny taste of the real world they would appreciate the lives they are fortunate enough to have.
Cranburyb

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Anyone concerned Reply with quote

About Wayfair 900,000+ Sq ft and Amazon 900,000+ sq ft opening ?

Amazon will = 2000 employees - where is the traffic study? When both of these places are fully running how can we handle the truck and car traffic? Is the liberty way connector ever going to happen? Just don't want to be another Robbinsville (traffic nightmare with Amazon)
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Anyone concerned Reply with quote

Cranburyb wrote:
About Wayfair 900,000+ Sq ft and Amazon 900,000+ sq ft opening ?

Amazon will = 2000 employees - where is the traffic study? When both of these places are fully running how can we handle the truck and car traffic? Is the liberty way connector ever going to happen? Just don't want to be another Robbinsville (traffic nightmare with Amazon)

Where are you getting 2,000 plus employees in this warehouse? Please show your source. I have not heard anywhere close. And living near wayfair I don't see much employee traffic in and out.
CranburyB-4qr6

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 30 2017, 5:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Robbinsville Amazon warehouse at 1.2 million sq feet told the town 2000 employees - actually at Christmas it ballooned to 4000 and the town sued Amazon - Wayfair isn't even operating at full bore yet
- Google Amazon Robbinsville and you can read all of the traffic disasters the warehouse has caused - and that's with its own ramp to 195 - just want to see the traffic study that Cranbury performed - it shouldn't be hard to find
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 30 2017, 6:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

CranburyB-4qr6 wrote:
Robbinsville Amazon warehouse at 1.2 million sq feet told the town 2000 employees - actually at Christmas it ballooned to 4000 and the town sued Amazon - Wayfair isn't even operating at full bore yet
- Google Amazon Robbinsville and you can read all of the traffic disasters the warehouse has caused - and that's with its own ramp to 195 - just want to see the traffic study that Cranbury performed - it shouldn't be hard to find

The Amazon warehouse here is much different. They will be stocking large items like kayaks and refrigerators. The Amazon warehouse in Robbinsville does small order items. Further, they have a screening process where they check employees as they leave to ensure nothing is being stolen which means you have larger traffic problems during shift change.

Rather than create this huge alarmist view, why not see how they do? You may recall the state came in during affordable housing and stated since we have all these warehouses (including a Home Depot) we must have a lot of employees. The actual employment numbers showed much smaller numbers.

So let's wait to see what happens.
CranburyB-4qr6

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 30 2017, 8:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Not at all trying to be alarmist, just want to see the traffic study - that's all - it's called transparency
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, May 1 2017, 6:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

CranburyB-4qr6 wrote:
Not at all trying to be alarmist, just want to see the traffic study - that's all - it's called transparency

Then go to the TC and ask for the trafffic study that was presented to the PB. You can get all the data you want under and OPrA request.
info-rr1s

PostPosted: Mon, May 1 2017, 8:17 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Not sure an OPRA request is even needed. I'd suggest stopping in or calling the planning office and asking to see the report.
anon-1135

PostPosted: Mon, May 1 2017, 10:12 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

Not sure what The traffic study is going to prove. The warehouses are being built regardless of what anybody thinks. They'll put a traffic light on Station Road and maybe one on Brickyard Road if things get heavy.
Watcher-8s91

PostPosted: Thu, May 4 2017, 12:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-8p53 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:
]...With all the new employees, most of which will be undesirables we will have to hire at least one new police officer, which is understandable. This will also cause more strain on fire and ems services. That's right you or a loved one could be seriously ill and the first aid squad may be at one of these warehouses dealing with the aftermath of a knife fight. Or your house could be on fire but the fire department might be preoccupied with a false alarm...

Exactly what makes you think that most of the new employees at this warehouse will be "undesirables"? And what is your definition of "undesirable"? There are a lot of overindulged kids in this area who could benefit from working at a real job for a few months. Maybe if these kids had a tiny taste of the real world they would appreciate the lives they are fortunate enough to have.
Amen brother to that. Wow the narcissism and arrogance that is seen on this site is really nauseating.
FALSE-6s3o

PostPosted: Thu, May 4 2017, 4:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

[quote=" Google Amazon Robbinsville and you can read all of the traffic disasters the warehouse has caused - and that's with its own ramp to 195 - [/quote]

That Robbinsville facility DOES NOT have its own ramp onto 195.

Robbinsville Amazon AND the other major Matrix warehouses flood County Route 539 with 18 wheel truck & passenger vehicles.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Thu, May 4 2017, 8:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Traffic study for Amazon warehouse ??? Reply with quote

anon-8p53 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:

I don't think, I know. Have you ever been inside any of the warehouses in Cranbury township or do you just ask stupid questions from your safe space? My definition of undesirable is rapeist, murders, drug dealers, drug users, robbers, etc. Do you get the point now genius? As far as "overindulged kids" in what planet do you live where a kid can get a job at warehouse? Common sense goes a long way so use it when you try to respond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3