The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-80qs

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 6:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

100 more each day. Clog the highways. Nobody will come to Cranbury. Great plan. Just super.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 6:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

anon-80qs wrote:
I want more trucks. Give me more trucks. Clog up 130. Downtown businesses go extinct. Good job Glenn, Dan, Jay

The TC has prioritized Farmland preservation, warehouse and lastly minimal Housing in that order.

The Dem candidates as you eloquently state prioritize housing and anything but warehouses.

The housing devalues our homes, increase our taxes, ceases the Princeton relationship. But achieves the goal of higher taxes.

I feel like I am in a parallel university. I have never seen people run in Cranbury on higher taxes and more housing.

The only thing you got right is Good job Dan, Glenn and Jay.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 7:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

Spell check. Clearly parallel universe.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 7:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

Btw with Penske being housing and a cranbury station being housing you add 600 apartments which is what is being put forth.

By the numbers:

600 apartments- 1,200 cars on the road

Affordable units- I believe it is 1 in 4 or 5. So you add 150 to 120
Ore affordable units.

Children - 720 apartments with 1.5 kids each 1,080 new students. More than double our current student population.

Taxes- around 15k to educate each child 16.2 million annually in added cost

This looks good to Matt, Mike, Barbara and Eman along with Paul Mullen and the rest of Indivisible.

The truck traffic will be much less than cars and generate money. Those are the facts.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 7:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

anon-80qs wrote:
I want more trucks. Give me more trucks. Clog up 130. Downtown businesses go extinct. Good job Glenn, Dan, Jay

Do you think the trucks go away regardless of what Cranbury does? South Brunswick, East Windsor, Robbinsville, etc. all have substantially expanded warehouse and commercial development that contributes to traffic on 130 through Cranbury. But we get no tax benefits from those. If Cranbury doesn't use the corridor next to the Turnpike for commercial development, we would still get all the downside and none of the upside. An upside responsible for about half our tax base.

Also, you don't seem very educated on the history of the Township's decisions. None of the people you listed were on the Planning Board or Township Committee when most of the zoning that created all the warehouses was created. And it's illegal for either entity to deny landlords the right to develop their properties in line with the zoning. Zoning that was put in place, and only minority tweaked since, decades ago.
anon-406s

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 8 2019, 8:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

+1. When the zone was created Jay was in High School, Dan was in high school and Glenn was not even thinking of living in Cranbury. But thankfully they were smart enough to continue the plan. Cranbury’s truck traffic is actually a small contributor to the 130 traffic. Our residents who are complaining think Cranbury exists in isolation and see only a means to be contrary to Dan, Glenn and Jay. They don’t care about destroying the town so long as they go against Dan, Glenn and Jay. It is funny that those three are in the heads of Indivisible at every moment in time.
Guest 12745-qor3

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

I would really like to know, in writing, what the Democrat and republican candidates platforms are well in advance inoffensive November. I’ve heard a lot of rumors about the Indivisible Democrats wanting to re-zone east of route 130 to permit more housing and less warehouses. I’ve heard that they wish to try to push through the library without a referendum. However, I don’t know if this is true. Both have dire consequences on our taxes, and we should get an honest reading from all candidates what they want for Cranbury’s future.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

It wouldn’t surprise me. These people crack me up as they move down here from the New York area to flee high taxes, corruption, traffic, etc. Meanwhile they continue to vote along the same party lines that caused them to migrate here in the first place.
anon-4os8

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
It wouldn’t surprise me. These people crack me up as they move down here from the New York area to flee high taxes, corruption, traffic, etc. Meanwhile they continue to vote along the same party lines that caused them to migrate here in the first place.

LOL. No one moves to Cranbury for any of those reasons.
anon-0n35

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 14 2019, 5:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

Not the OP. But, I can say we moved here for the smaller town ie limited housing, K-8 school, Princeton and lower taxes that allowed us to pay for a higher cost home than we could afford in other places. When we looked in Robbinsville, Monroe, Plainsboro and South Brunswick (could not afford WW) we saw larger homes for less money, but the monthly payment would have been the same due to higher taxes. We loved the town. If we add more housing, lose Princeton, build another school then our taxes will go up and we’ll have to move. I know others in the same spot as us.

I would be interested in why others moved here.
anon-5p0n

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:47 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

anon-0n35 wrote:
Not the OP. But, I can say we moved here for the smaller town ie limited housing, K-8 school, Princeton and lower taxes that allowed us to pay for a higher cost home than we could afford in other places. When we looked in Robbinsville, Monroe, Plainsboro and South Brunswick (could not afford WW) we saw larger homes for less money, but the monthly payment would have been the same due to higher taxes. We loved the town. If we add more housing, lose Princeton, build another school then our taxes will go up and we’ll have to move. I know others in the same spot as us.

The vast majority of people move here for the schools, including the PHS arrangement. If they started in the city, they choose the suburbs for the better cost of living. They choose Cranbury specifically among the suburbs for the schools.

People primarily motivated by fleeing taxes as their first priority don't move to NJ period. There are far better states to move to if you want less taxes, less traffic, etc.

The recent TC's of the last decade have done a good job keeping our taxes low relative to our neighbors. And it would be a shame to see that change. But low taxes are at best a peripheral reason to move to Cranbury. It's the schools, the schools, the schools.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

anon-5p0n wrote:
anon-0n35 wrote:

The vast majority of people move here for the schools, including the PHS arrangement. If they started in the city, they choose the suburbs for the better cost of living. They choose Cranbury specifically among the suburbs for the schools.

People primarily motivated by fleeing taxes as their first priority don't move to NJ period. There are far better states to move to if you want less taxes, less traffic, etc.

The recent TC's of the last decade have done a good job keeping our taxes low relative to our neighbors. And it would be a shame to see that change. But low taxes are at best a peripheral reason to move to Cranbury. It's the schools, the schools, the schools.

The schools are key, but there is also the sense of community and lower taxes that put Cranbury well above other towns that also have really good schools. If the Township Committee shifts gears to encourage residential development on the other side of Rt. 130, we lose all of those advantages. That’s what is so concerning about the Indivisible Democrat Candidates.
anon-0n35

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 15 2019, 5:50 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

Would agree four seasons, empty nesters, and childless families probably put the community and tax situation along with home values as a priority above the school. However, The tax situation, small community feel and values are heavily dependent on the school. So it is a symbiotic relationship. It all falls apart with more housing, doing things that take away from the community feel and increasing taxes for no reason.
anon-017p

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

Community feel? Main Street often feels like part of a ghost town. Businesses go under and no new stores that attract foot traffic open up.
Thank goodness for Teddy's, Gil & Berts, Cranbury pizza, and Molto Bene.
anon-41po

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

There is much more to community feel than the stores downtown. Strawberry Festival, Health and Wellness Fair, Cranbury day, the many Historical Society events each year from Wassail to house tour to George Washington, you have the Rec programs and porchfest.

All you need to do is be even slightly engaged and you can find tons of things to do that bring out a sense of community.
anon-84o9

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:32 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The Myth of Cranbury Party Bosses Reply with quote

We have one party boss in Cranbury
Laura Zurfluh the leader of indivisible Cranbury and the Democratic Party leader in Cranbury

A vote for Barbara Rogers and Eman El-Badaw is a vote for Laura’s agenda

Indivisible taking over Cranbury

2019 Indivisible Candiates
Barbara Rogers and Eman El-Badawi

2018 Indivisible Candidate
Mike Ferrante

2017 Indivisible Candidate
Matt Scott

Cranbury Indivisible
Laura Zurfluh - Leader
Holly Johnson
Jessica Ware
Jessica Irons
Mike Ferrante
Deanna Ferrante
Matt Scott
Heather Keltz Scott
Paul Mullen
Barbara Rogers
Eman El-Badawi
Michelle Phillips Greene
MariCris McDowell
David Nissan
Dan harshberger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2