Please explain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-0421

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 6 2019, 10:45 am EDT    Post subject: Please explain Reply with quote

This was from a Cranbury Facebook group. I am kind of confused right now about what this person commented. Can someone logically explain to my why OUR PRESIDENT (no matter if you like him or not his is OUR president) sign should have been taken down for the Memorial Day parade??? HE IS OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!

Michele Acri Kemper As I marched in the Memorial Day parade I walked passed the man with the Trump banner on his porch - I feel the same - we are honoring men who died in wars- and defending the right for him to put that sign up - but it could have been taken down for two hours - someone went in his place when he faked bone spurs /that person could have been killed or lost limps -no one said anything as we passed the couple sitting on their porch eating behind their banner we wondered ..did he serve? My husband did - so did one of the women with me husband - both on the battlefield - we should all be more thoughtful with these things..

None of this makes ANY sense at ALL!!!
anon-p0o2

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 6 2019, 11:31 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Please explain Reply with quote

I hate hate Trump. He makes my skin crawl. However, and I saw this post on You know You're from Cranbury and the banner is free speech. The family that lives in the house has a right to their banner just as I do to the Obama sticker on my car. People can think of me what they will and of the owner of the house what they will.

What is wrong is that the post you copied is under the post from Joe about supporting the families and friends with lost ones and highlighting a vigil for those families on 9/11. Also, the words used about bone spurs is very similar to degrading and harming posts made on another thread here. I don't know anyone that leads with bone spurs as their attack point for Trump. Dodger alone, racist, oopma loompa, etc. all are common points, but no one uses the spurs.
anon-8117

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 6 2019, 1:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Please explain Reply with quote

We apparently live in a town where you are not allowed to express your opinion. Or if you do you are attacked. Free speech and the right to demonstrate along with the love of our country and dissent are all American values. But we also embrace helping the less fortunate in this country that was based on a bold idea to make it a better place for all.

Protest against the current administration is a good thing, especially when the majority of people feel that it is going in the wrong direction. Washington needs to be reminded of this every now and then.

Let's embrace our differences, understand that we are all people living in America, and respect one another.

Trump signs don't bother me; it's Trump that does. It's tough times, and for many our pursuit have happiness is certainly threatened by the intimidation of those in power. And you see that in every level of government.
anon-n53s

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 6 2019, 1:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Please explain Reply with quote

Good question. I wonder what a Trump banner has to do with a Memorial Day Parade??? And why should anyone have to take it down? If we are going to say that, then maybe the people with other flags need to take them down because they might offend someone? I mean, they should be "thoughtful" just as this writer says. This is exactly why we are honoring the men and women who died because they are the ones that fought for our freedom to do so. I guess some don't understand that and the hypocrisy is so blatant. The problem is, what offends one might not another....so where is the line drawn? It's all ridiculous and some need to find something more productive to do with their time it seems. Can you imagine if someone were to criticize a past president? You'd be called a racist, etc. Then, if you say you support the current President, guess what, you are called a racist. It's all a bunch of BS. Funny how some say they are so against "hate" but are some of the most hateful people to those who disagree with them.
Thank you to all of those who protect this great nation.
Trump 2020!!! God Bless America
anon-8117

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 6 2019, 2:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Please explain Reply with quote

anon-n53s wrote:
Good question. I wonder what a Trump banner has to do with a Memorial Day Parade??? And why should anyone have to take it down? If we are going to say that, then maybe the people with other flags need to take them down because they might offend someone? I mean, they should be "thoughtful" just as this writer says. This is exactly why we are honoring the men and women who died because they are the ones that fought for our freedom to do so. I guess some don't understand that and the hypocrisy is so blatant. The problem is, what offends one might not another....so where is the line drawn? It's all ridiculous and some need to find something more productive to do with their time it seems. Can you imagine if someone were to criticize a past president? You'd be called a racist, etc. Then, if you say you support the current President, guess what, you are called a racist. It's all a bunch of BS. Funny how some say they are so against "hate" but are some of the most hateful people to those who disagree with them.
Thank you to all of those who protect this great nation.
Trump 2020!!! God Bless America

There certainly was plenty of criticism of President Obama in this town. Remember the tables set-up in front of the post-office with a hitler mustache on Obama? You would certainly agree those were right wing nut jobs.

What about someone who keeps talking about birth certificates of Presidents or judges with Mexican heritage not being able to be fair to him. Or someone that calls Climate change a Chinese hoax. Or maybe someone that sucks up to the North Korean Leadership taking about love letters after what was done to an American citizen there. Or someone who alters hurricane maps with a sharpie? Some will say he is a great President. Others will say he is a nut job.

Can you change their opinion. Probably not.

Warren - I am all in!
anon-8sp4

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 7 2019, 5:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Please explain Reply with quote

Hey AnonPOo2 Still have the Obama sticker bumper sticker on your car? I thought Obama's "Cash for Clunkers" program got them all off the road, Surprised you did not participate in Obama's only successful program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1