Post-COVID Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, May 22 2020, 5:45 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Maybe we can close during school hours and be open when the majority of residents are available to use the library which is weekends.
anon-8oo7

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2020, 4:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

anon-7666 wrote:
Maybe we can close during school hours and be open when the majority of residents are available to use the library which is weekends.

I would think the library will adjust hours and methods to adjust to the “new normal”. Closed during school hours. Open more on weekends and evenings. Maybe a walk up window and /or a way to leverage the Gourgaud Gallery as a pick up location or a reading room.

It would be nice if they posted more detailed notes from their board meetings. A lot of the meeting notes reference documents that are not posted.
anon-po04

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2020, 8:01 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Hopefully our elected officials will see that now this silly stand alone library is a waste of resources for a town of our size. Less people than every will want to go to a public place like this. We really don't need to pay to maintain another empty building just like the empty ballfield next to the school.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2020, 9:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

The TC already agreed that if the state grant does not come through then it will go to referendum and voters will decide. I am not in favor, but I do u defat and there are those who are so a referendum seems the most fair.
anon-842o

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2020, 12:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

anon-7666 wrote:
The TC already agreed that if the state grant does not come through then it will go to referendum and voters will decide. I am not in favor, but I do u defat and there are those who are so a referendum seems the most fair.

A referendum would be fair. The library has always opposed a referendum in the past. I guess we shall see...
anon-po04

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2020, 5:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Referendum would be great. The Library Foundation will do their best to try and prevent that since 95% of the town that did not donate to their fundraising can actually have a voice in how our tax dollars are spent.
anon;oqs5-0076

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2020, 5:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

If we have an opportunity to vote on this it will restore my faith in "The System". This Library Monument has been just one more expense that was proposed by a few,funded in a small way by a few and then dumped on the rest of the Taxpayers for ever and ever as another money drain.It is someone's Pet Memorial Project, and some other's Golden Goose.
If we have a vote, I know a bunch of folks who will vote NO
referendum-3234

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2020, 6:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

I support the referendum. Supporters of the libary feel they speak for the majority of residents; those who oppose public funding of the library feeel they are in the majority. Float the referendum and we can determine where the will of the community lies.
anon-3792

PostPosted: Wed, May 27 2020, 9:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

[/quote]
It would be nice if they posted more detailed notes from their board meetings. A lot of the meeting notes reference documents that are not posted.[/quote]

The Library does have a transparency problem.
anon-po04

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2020, 11:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

All accidental but with a purpose !
anon-8851

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2020, 6:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

The township is great as is. Let's not do anything to Ever change that. But let's dredge the lake and not question that cost too much. Let's not get too many estimates. And let's not fix Petty road.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2020, 8:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Petty road is being fixed and was going to be done this summer.

The lake dredging by law has to go out to bid and it was put to bid. So lowest bidder will win.

If you don’t like the town why not find a place you do like? You would not be the first or last to find Cranbury was not their ideal and decide to move.
Donor-3792

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Six days since NJ Gov announces libraries permitted for curbside pick up as of June 15th. No acknowledgement of such or plans disclosed from Director Mullen yet?
anon-03o7

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Corona-vacation
anon-q091

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

anon-03o7 wrote:
Corona-vacation

Hey Now,
Let’s no criticize the poor overworked librarians. After all, the librarians only get 3 weeks of paid holidays AND 3-4 weeks of paid vacation per year, along with a flexible schedule and amazing benefits along with limited house in the summer.
anon-po04

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Post-COVID Library Reply with quote

Well said !!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3